It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 5, Book 11

THANKFUL THURSDAY!


BE THANKFUL

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.


Author Unknown


Today is one of those rare days in Northern Ohio when the sun is supposed to shine and I'm going to take advantage of it and visit my little place in the woods. Our day is starting off very chilly and frosty, but I'm thankful it is supposed to warm up.

I am thankful for everything I have experienced in this life of mine, for all the tears I have cried for they have taught me to appreciate laughter and appreciation of what I have had.
I'm thankful for Spring and all it's surprises from violets and daffodils to the rolling thunder. With all the rain we've had, I've been a bit cranky to say the least, but today, I'm smiling and very thankful.

I hope your Thursday is one that is filled with things to be thankful for too!
'On Ya' - ma

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Mistakes and limitations do give you the perfect chance to learn and grow. So I am thankful for them. I hope you have a wonderful time at your special spot in the woods. ENJOY the sunshine.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

CAMPING....!!!???

Enjoy

Scrappy quilter said...

Hope you have a wonderful time at your camper. I always enjoy your list. The sun is shining here and the temps are nice and warm. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

enjoy your time at the camper, Ma! The weather sounds lovely today!! Great list of thinks to be thankful for by our favorite Author Unknown; it is good to be thankful for the things that help us grow the most and that sometimes are the hard things of life indeed!

betty

Kath said...

Enjoy every minute Ma at the camper you deserve it.I do hope the weather is nice for you.We have just had our first rain shower for many a week now.OH!! the ground does smell good.I am thankful for everything.Take care God Bless Kath xx

Hollie said...

I'm so glad that you are getting to go to your little place in the woods! It sounds heavenly!