It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 28, Book 11

SUPER SATURDAY!

If it is peace you want, seek to change yourself, not other people. It is easier to protect your feet with slippers than to carpet the whole of the earth.

Anthony de Mello

We have all heard the fact that if we want change, then we need to start with ourselves. I have found my peaceful spot and will be enjoying a long holiday weekend there this weekend. I know where my special place is and try and get there as often as I can.

Things are changing though and time will only tell just how peaceful it will remain there.

I love my front porch too. I have a porch swing and lots of cushions to make it nice and comfy, but it's not very peaceful there. Some days I feel like we live on a main highway rather than a quiet city street.

I have my rocker on the back patio at home too. I really have spent lots of peaceful days there watching the birds. Now it seems it's not a safe place to be either.

Saturday Resolution: Peace needs to be in my heart rather than in places.

Having a peaceful heart where no intruders can destroy the good feelings and keeping it that way isn't at all easy but for me it's a must if I am to live each day as fully as I want.

Times are changing and we need to change with them in order to protect and preserve our peace. Maybe the change I'm making should have been in place all along. Peace be with you all today and everyday!

Have a SUPER Saturday!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you have a peaceful weekend! You & I are so much alike as far as enjoying peace & quiet! There's nothing like when you can sit back & enjoy all of God's beauty & creations! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

Scrappy quilter said...

I think the only place we can truly find peace is in our Lord Jesus, don't you. He alone!!

I hope your place where you camp doesn't have too many changes. That would be so hard. Hope you have a wonderful long weekend there. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

again very wise words,Ma. Change is hard, especially when we like our routines or our quiet places, etc. But you are right, peace is in our hearts and minds and souls, not in our situations or places. Its kind of like the type of peace we get from knowing Jesus, the peace that transcends understanding. It doesn't make sense that we can be peaceful when things are going bad, but security in him and who he is, does give us that peace!

I hope you do enjoy the weekend and the weather is pleasant for you all!

betty