It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 27, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 27, Book11

For Better or Worse, Our Words and Thoughts Matter, Even When We're the Only Ones That Hear Them


FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

Here's a little story from one of my devotionals this week:

A ball-point pen salesman persuaded a small business owner to order five hundred pens. He was writing the order in his sales book when suddenly the business owner exclaimed, Hold on! I'm canceling the order!

With that, the business owner turned to wait on a customer and ignored the salesman. The salesman left the store angry and confused. Later, the business owner's bookkeeper asked, Why did you cancel that pen order? Why? responded the man. Because that salesman talked ball-point pens to me for a half hour, and described the benefits. He showed me how I could use them to expand my business. He had me convinced that I could not get along without those ball-point pens. Then he turned around and wrote my order with a lead pencil. He doesn't even use his own product!

There is nothing in the world that will defeat us in life like saying one thing and doing another

I think my beliefs encompass much more that a set of practices or rules of behavior. When we stop to think about our behavior, we know when we've done something wrong. How do we know? Because our mothers taught us better, or we learned it in Sunday school or we read it in the Bible. Because we know better, we will try to do better next time.

Living our beliefs leads us into faithfulness, gentleness, goodness, joy, love, kindness, patience, forgiveness, and self-control. I try to live each day joyfully and thankfully by taking delight in each day and living to the fullest the life that has been given to me.

Make each moment count double and make each thought count for something

If your self talk is sad, cheer it up.
If your self talk is defeated, build it up.
If your self talk is on repeat, mix it up.
If your self talk makes you cry, shut it up!

There is purpose, joy, and reward by living faithfully in our everyday, unspectacular routines. It doesn't take a lot of money or things. Positive thoughts do make a difference.

It's Fantastic Friday and I do hope your day is a truly FANTASTIC one!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I have heard that story before. It is NEVER wise to say one thing and do another. You must be true to yourself, though. Have a good day.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love this post. Wonderful words of wisdom. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Hugs

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hope your Friday is a Fantastic one ~ Hugs Ally x

Hollie said...

Great entry! I have truly enjoyed this beautiful day the Lord has given us! I enjoyed being with the hubs today & hanging out!

That corgi :) said...

I liked that ball point pen story; lots of wisdom in that. I also like your self talk things too; that kind of hit home today so thanks for sharing that; I think I need to mix it up a bit!!

enjoy your camping weekend!!

betty