It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 26, Book 11

Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have

Everyone needs blessings, even the rich, the successful, and those who appear to have everything. What you buy or do for these people is not the real issue; they may not need the gift, but they need the love. We all get weary sometimes and need to be encouraged, edified, complimented, and appreciated.

Remember, God blesses you so you can be a blessing, not only in a few places but everywhere you go


THANKFUL THURSDAY!

This is the day I count my blessings and give thanks for them. Just as we all receive blessings every day of our lives it is well to remember to give them too.

This week I am thankful for the extra hours of daylight. It's light when I get up and stays that way until it's almost my bedtime. I'd love to stay up longer some nights but as I get up early, I go to bed early too.

I'm thankful for the holiday weekend coming up as it will provide an opportunity for many in my family to get together for a few days. Reconnecting with each other is so important to them and I love seeing them together too.

I'm thankful for warmer days too. Being outside in the fresh air is beneficial in more than one way. Our bodies and minds are blessed.

I'm thankful that the violent storms have bypassed us for the most part. Even though the rain has been a little mind boggling at least we are all safe and sound here.

I'm thankful for my health and that of my family and friends too. I've had a few minor sinus issues it seems but nothing to really get me down and out.

I'm thankful for DD and DS#5 for the help they've provided since I don't have use of a car and for other family members that have been a great help too.

For these and all the many blessings I've received I am truly THANKFUL.

'On Ya'-ma


This day and your life ... are God's gift to you,
so give thanks and be joyful always!

Author Unknown

Thursday Resolution: concentrate less on being popular and more on your inner peace

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I agree we all should be grateful for what we have. And just like you I'm thankful that the violent storms have bypassed us. We had some scary moments yesterday. Glad you getting help since you don't have a car. Take care.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love today's resolution..so profound. Another wonderful thankful list. Hope you have a wonderful day, my friend. Hugs

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Have a Wonderful Day...!!
Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I like your resolution for today, Ma! That is a very good one!! A great list of thankfuls and blessings!! It is good finally too that you are having the warm weather! I am sure you are enjoying that time outside!

betty

peggy said...

I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you have some to help you while you are without a car. We have had torrential rain with lots of basement floodings, thankfully my new system works. I'm hoping we all see the sun this weekend.