It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 25, Book 11

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

Wanderlust - strong longing for or impulse toward wandering . A strong, innate desire to rove or travel about

I wonder as I wander it seems. I do have a lust for life and that often takes me places I'd never dreamed of going before. No matter what challenges come my way, I will learn to relax into the moment and take life as it comes

Loving life can get the old adrenaline pumping for sure. I can still remember the way our hearts swelled while busting out on open road for the first time, the dedicated collecting of tickets, receipts, maps, and photos documenting everything when we used to travel. How exciting it all was.

That is the way many of my days are. Each one is an adventure. Some times we catch ourselves daydreaming about a destination we’d rather be exploring which can certainly be fun, but knowing I don't have to go any further than my computer to see the world is a relief for me. Reading about other peoples travels and places they see is enough.

I do travel some. I don't always stay at home. I visit my children and I go to the camper but my journey through life is what keeps me full of wonder. Hope life's all good with you with all the ups n downs bends and twists we have. Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday

'On Ya'-ma

Wednesday Resolution: Remember, all good things come from God

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

The only WANDERLUST I have these days is to be an armchair traveler. But I too remember what it was like to do the real thing. Hope you have a good day.

Kath said...

My travelling to see places seems to be the computer nowadays too Ma.I am ready for a good holiday but not felt up to one as yet.So seems I shall have to wait a while.Have a Wonderul Wednesday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

grammy said...

Life is good and I do enjoy the opportunity to 'Wander'.
Even if we are not world travelers...we do get around and it is wonderful (o:

That corgi :) said...

It is neat that we can "travel" with others seeing and hearing of their adventures/trips on their blogs; we do get to learn so much about so many different areas! I think traveling has changed so much over the years, tighter security with airline traffic, higher prices of gas, etc, that it is good we can use this media of the internet to tame some of our wanderlust!

betty

Sybil said...

I think I must have been born as a wonderluster...is there such a word LOL...I have been so blesed to be able to see so much of the wordl especially considering when I first started to travel it was almost unheard of for dsisabled people to travel anywhere especially if they were on their own....Oh the questions I have been asked they would fill a comic book !!
However like you Ma even if I don;t now travel quite so far I am contented to sit by the computer or even a few travel brochures and dream... How great it is to be contented wherever we are
Love Sybil xx