It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 23, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 23, Book 11

MERRY MONDAY!

LESSONS LEARNED FROM A PENCIL

The pencil maker took the pencil aside, just before putting it into the box. There are five things you need to know before I send you out into the world, he said. Always remember these five things, and you'll be a great pencil.

One: You are capable of many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone's hand

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better pencil

Three: You have the ability to correct the mistakes you make

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside

And Five: On every surface where you are used, regardless of its condition, you must leave your mark.

The pencil understood and promised to remember.

Author Unknown

Mondays are often days that we need a little reminder like this. Some have jobs to go to others have no place to go and wish they did. Mostly I'm very content not to have to go anywhere anymore. Where I do go is my choice. But even at home I want to say that what I do is the best I can do.

Monday resolution: Forgive yourself for something you've done that you are regretting and having trouble letting go of.


Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya' -ma

9 comments:

Sonya said...

Have a good Monday...wish I was at home like you. Off to work we go.....George driving and stuck in traffic. Didnt get to blog this morning. I slept in. LOL

Scrappy quilter said...

Who would have thought about a pencil, yet it's so true isn't it. Like you, I want to do the best I can in anything I do. Sometimes I fail, yet I want to get right back up and try my best again. Hope you have a wonderful Monday. It's a holiday here. Hugs

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Happy Monday...!!
Enjoy

Kath said...

I am never satisfied if I havn't done my best at something,when I don't I just keep on trying to do the best I can.The pencil tale is new to me, but very accurate.I hope you have a lovely day Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

those are good lesson from a pencil, Ma! also a good resolution to forgive ourselves of something we have regretted, I know I have trouble with that; thanks for the reminder to forgive myself and let go!

I do hope your Monday is a good one!

betty

grammy said...

I love the pencil story (o:
Think I will print it out and put on the frig...
it would make a good graduation card too.

Hollie said...

I hope your Monday has been a great one! It's very hot here! (In the 90s)

I enjoyed reading the pencil story! Thank you for sharing!

Midlife Mom said...

I love your lessons that we all can take something from. So true that we need to let go of our failings but learn from them and do better next time.

I love being retired too, I can do the things that I feel are worthwhile which usually includes something to do with helping animals! :o)

Buttercup said...

This is great. I love to find new inspirational ideas and will be printing this out to carry with me. Got to remember to use the eraster often! Have a terrific Tuesday.