It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 22, Book 11

He is richest who is content with the least

Socrates

SUNDAY R and R

Today I've been resting and relaxing enjoying the simple pleasures of nature. I was able to sit on my deck there on the hill and view some of the wonders that only nature can provide. And I did have that good cup of coffee right there in my hand too. To me there is nothing more soothing and relaxing.

Nature has given us two two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue--to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak.

Socrates

I often have the bad habit of putting my foot in my mouth when I speak so I am trying to learn to listen more. I remember how my mom often said she loved listening to the Robins as they seem to say: Cheer up! Cheer Up! Now when I do see one of these little red breasted birds I always think of her.

In the early morning quiet of the woods there is much to see and hear and I was listening to the wise little birds say: Cheer up! Cheer Up!

I hope your Sunday is filled with all the good rest and relaxation we all need to get us off to a good start in the week ahead

'On Ya'-ma


Sunday resolution: Celebrate the wonders all around you.

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the little story about the robins. I'm going to have to listen to them and see if they sound like that..so cute. We've had a relaxing day here even though we've been somewhat busy. Hope your Sun. evening is a lovely one. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

Glad you got a chance to rest and relax on this Sunday. My grandma loved robins too. They are such sweet birds. Now I'll remember what you said about them next time I see one.

Buttercup said...

Had a restful and fun weekend, but not quite ready for the week ahead. So happy it's a long weekend coming up and I will spend time with my family. Hope you have a great week!

That corgi :) said...

I bet it is so relaxful to be at your place, Ma, enjoying the early morning sights and sounds! I'm sure it changes too from week to week and always a blessing to listen to and see!

betty

Sybil said...

So gla dthat you ar eback in your little bit of heaven Ma, I too just love the early morning sounds. I am often up early here before most of th eneighbours for sure ! and just love standing by the door listning to all the sounds my fav. being the blackbird that whistles so loudly. when he stops I whistle back and sure as sure he whistles back to me .. Mary had never heard that happen before and was facinated !!
Have a lovey week,
Love Sybil xx