It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 21, Book 11

SUPER SATURDAY

I read the following verse in my morning meditation and thought it was worth sharing with you all today.

He who observes the wind and waits for all conditions to be favorable will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap.

Ecclesiastes 11:4

The writer of Ecclesiastes wrote that if we wait for perfect conditions, we'll never do anything.

Having anything in life that is perfect is near impossible. We might think that we are living the perfect life and out of the blue something happens that lets us know that perfection isn't what it seemed at all.

I found that being perfect isn’t the norm and it is downright hard. I have learned in my years that life is not perfect, not even close! It doesn’t reflect badly on you if you aren’t perfect. How many households are spotless? How many of us drive a dirty car? How many of us are not at our goal weight. Most people aren’t looking for perfection, they are looking for satisfaction!

I have learned that having a family, a roof over my head, food on the table, and laughter is perfect for me! That is my perfection! I have to remind myself everyday to do things to my expectations and no one else’s.

Life isn't perfect, so just live it! Living each moment and each day as it comes and loving every moment even though it is not perfect is a gift.

When life isn't perfect it's a good time to remember to laugh. Happiness isn't about everything being perfect... It's about seeing beyond the imperfections and loving them.

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one.

'On Ya'-ma

Saturday resolution: Remember It's all in God's timing.

2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Absolutely right!! Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I like your advice to just go and life life, even if it is not perfect, but it indeed is a gift!! That is so true; a wonderful gift from God :)

betty