It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 20, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 20, Book 11

The Garden of Live Flowers

Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll

I should see the garden far better, said Alice to herself, if I could get to the top of that hill: and here's a path that leads straight to it — at least, no, it doesn't do that — after going a few yards along the path, and turning several sharp corners, but I suppose it will at last. But how curiously it twists! It's more like a corkscrew than a path! Well, this turn goes to the hill, I suppose — no, it doesn't! This goes straight back to the house! Well then, I'll try it the other way


FANTASTIC FRIDAY

Wildflowers and weeds along roadsides and in abandoned fields make make some of the most beautiful bouquets. There is something about these lilies of the field that brings joy and creates beauty. Unlike in a garden where beautiful flowers are a result of toil, wildflowers survive with only God's care, and they are often surprising in their beauty, abundance, and fragrance.

Just like the flowers we are all in God's care. It seems life is full of changes and we always hope and pray that the changes will be for the best for everyone.
A favorite prayer of mine and that I say often is the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr

God ... grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,

Enjoying one moment at a time,

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace,
Taking, as He did, this sinful world,
as it is, not as I would have it,
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will,
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.

Amen.


Enjoying one moment at at time is my goal in life. Taking one day at a time is a must. That we persevere in love and be motivated by prayer that all will be fine and all things made right is what my faith consists of.

I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one!

Pick your wildflowers where you find them today! Weren't all flowers once wild?

'On Ya'-ma

Friday Resolution: May we seek to build each other up through our words and actions today!


10 comments:

Ora said...

Thanks Ma for a beautiful entry..you bring to memory some things easily forgotten in our day to day times...to stop and smell the flowers!!! God Bless and hugs from KY

Scrappy quilter said...

I've always said a field of dandelions are the most incredible things to see. The yellow is brilliant!! We need to stop more often and enjoy thos flowers/weeds. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks Ma..!! I didn't have a clue what kind of flower it was...just took a guess....haven't learn my NC foliage yet....
Enjoy

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thankyou for a lovely read ~ those verses are lovely ~ Ally x

Kath said...

Flowers of any kind I adore,even some weeds are pretty things.I take one day at a time nowadays also Ma,and try to make the best of whatever is thrown at me.I hope you ahve a wonderful week/end.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

your resolutions are always so good, Ma, and I do like this Friday one indeed! your wisdom too to live each day one at a time is good too to practice!! Always enjoy seeing a field of flowers!!

have a great Saturday!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Taking life one moment at a time is the way to live. I try to do just that. ENJOY those wildflowers. Their beauty is priceless. Have a nice weekend.

grammy said...

we do get around like Alice quite often don't we? Helter Skelter...
I don't know a weed from a flower most of the time...(o:

Martha (MM) said...

Hey Ma, just checking in on you. I'm a bit worried not to see any weekend updates here and no R&R post at The Motivation Station. Please let me know if you are ok! Martha

Barbara said...

Amazing the beautiful bouquets one can make with wild flowers. A beautiful time of year.