It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 18, Book 11



WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY


DS#4'S SONS - MY SUNSHINE BOYS

There’s Sunshine in a Smile

Life is a mixture of sunshine and rain

Laughter and pleasure, teardrops and rain

All days can’t be bright but it’s certainly true

There was never a cloud the sun didn’t shine through

So just keep on smiling whatever betide you

Secure in the knowledge God is always beside you

And you’ll find when you smile your day will be brighter

And all of your burdens will seem so much lighter

For each time you smile you will find that it’s true

Somebody, somewhere will smile back at you

And nothing on earth can make life more worthwhile

Than the sunshine and warmth of a beautiful smile.

Helen Steiner Rice


For some reason I haven't read a lot of Helen Steiner Rice lately and I don't know why. When ever I pick up one of her wonderful books I always find something that really does help brighten my day.

Starting each day with a smile is important. The beginning of the day sets the precedence for the rest of the day. It can make it or break it. Remember that today someone may just need to see our SMILE

Unfortunately, many folks don't even look into the face of those they pass... How will those needy souls receive the sunshine that a smile can bring? I like to smile a people and I really like it when they return the smile...

I like it when someone smiles at me, especially when I need one :)))

Here's hoping each of you give a smile today and that you receive one too!!

Wednesday resolution: SMILE, it doesn't hurt a bit, cost nothing and improves your health

A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love

Max Muller


Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I've always loved helen Steiner Rice's writing. I don't think I've ever read anything I haven't enjoyed by her. I agree, starting each day with a smile is important. Another great post. And those boys...my what fine looking young men. Hope you have a great day. Hugs

Sonya said...

Those sunshine boys are cute. Thanks for the joy your blog brings. It blesses my day when I come here.

Kath said...

What a great picture Ma of the boys they are so lovely bless them.One of mmy favourite quotes "Smile and the world smiles with you " and I havn't met anyone yet who doesn't like Helens words.I am returning your smile today if no one else does.:)))))) a great big one for you.I hope you have a lovely day and your weather is brighter and a little warmer for you..Take Care God Bless Kath xx

grammy said...

Very good advice.
the kiddos are so cute
how can we keep from smiling (o:

Hollie said...

Those Sunshine Boys are just precious! They sure brought a smile to my face! =0) Thanks for sharing them with us!

That corgi :) said...

your grands are so handsome! I can tell why you call them your sunshine boys!!

It is so true, Ma, that people don't look at each other any more when we pass on the streets, etc. I remember the days when people would greet each other with a smile and a word and now hardly ever any eye contact. I'm like you, I always try to say hi and smile if I am out walking and see someone along the path. It is free like you said and does a world of good!

betty