It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 17, Book 11

TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY

Why do some people always see beautiful skies and grass and
lovely flowers and incredible human beings, while others are
hard-pressed to find anything or any place that is beautiful?

Leo Buscaglia

I'm always looking for quotes or stories that help to bring us back up on those days when life may be bringing us down.

A magazine asked its readers, What are the most inspiring words you have ever been told? Some answers were predictable, some were flippant, some were deep and profound but one that stood out in particular was the following: You may not know where life's road will lead you, but keep moving because God is walking with you

We all have those challenging days. Lately I sure have had my share of them. I keep reminding myself of the quote which I am today using as my Tuesday resolution, fall down seven times, stand up eight. I could let everything just overwhelm me or I can take action and do something about it

As we go through life, we can't always know what we are going to wake up to outside our window, but we'll each have some type of view. Our lives are ours to live, and the way we see our world is up to us. Don't miss those things outside your window today. It can be beautiful if we want it to be.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday: 2 quotes that will hopefully give your day and mine a lift up.

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Going to print out these quotes and put them on my fridge. You always find the best quotes which are so uplifting and yet challenging. Thanks for sharing them with us. Hope your day is a good one. Hugs

Kath said...

I have certainly had a few downward paths to follow also,but each morning I wake I say to myself Rise above them as I know the Dear Lord in beside me.I have been trying to comment now for days and it just will not accept them this blogger program.Lets hope he i son my shouldres now and this one works.Have a terrific Tuesday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

Good quote. I love the stuff Leo Buscaglia writes. I also thought you were spot on about the VIEW outside our windows. I know I appreciate mine, however dreary the weather makes it. The beauty is there if you know where to look.

grammy said...

Great encouraging words...
you never know what your view outside your window will be next....love it (o: