It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 16, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 16, Book 11



MERRY MONDAY


This is the Silver Streak, aptly named by my Mom several years ago.

I'm finally ready to share what I call my BIG MISTAKE with all of you.

It took some time for me to let you all know exactly what I did. I was so mad at myself and so upset that I did something like this

The Silver Streak now lives in a Scape Metal Recycling place and I had to say good bye to her last week.

I had an accident and not only that, but I caused the accident too. I proceeded through an intersection and didn't see a car that was coming so I got hit. Thankfully no one was hurt. Just the car. Since she was up in years, just like me, it would have cost more to fix that she was worth so she went the way of old wrecks. I think maybe I'm an old wreck too, but they didn't tow me away along with her.

I've always prided myself on being a very cautious driver. Pride goes before the fall.

I'm going to miss her for sure. I still haven't got a replacement and I'm not so sure if I'll even ever drive again, But I am very THANKFUL that no one was hurt at all.

So yes, it will be a MERRY Monday here....

Take good care all!

'On Ya'-ma

Monday resolution: focus on doing the right thing in every situation, even if it causes others to treat you differently

9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

However sentimental, cars can be replaced, but not people. Saying goodbye to it, is like letting an old friend go. It's tough I know. I'm glad nobody got seriously injured. You take care.

Tina said...

I'm sorry about your wreck, but thankful no one was hurt. And hopefully things will go smoothly with the insurance companies!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I am glad no one was hurt also...but...without a "Silver Streak" how will you get to the camper..??!!
Enjoy

Scrappy quilter said...

So glad everyone was okay. I know it was probably hard to say goodbye to the car, yet I'm sure you'll find something perfect for you. I do hope you drive again. Hope you have a wonderful Monday. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

(((Ma))) Hugs to you! I am so glad no one got hurt! I'm sorry about the car, but it is "just" a car and when and if you want to replace it, I'm sure you will find just the right car to suit your needs. You know, statistically it is going to happen with accidents so don't "beat" yourself up too much about it. I drove over 30 years and backed into our garage door on the day we moved down here causing damage to both car and house. Both got fixed, my confidence did take a big hit for a bit, so I understand that. Hopefully you will feel like driving again down the road!!

betty

grammy said...

Praise the Lord that you were not hurt!!!
If everyone stopped driving that had an accident..the roads would be almost empty. I am sure it is very upsetting...but don't give up you freedom (o: to go camping or run to the store. Hope you will feel better about it all soon.

Midlife Mom said...

So glad that you were not hurt in the fender bender!!! We have all made mistakes and gotten a few dents so don't be too hard on yourself. I backed out of my garage once and left my side view mirror on the side of the garage.....

Kath said...

OH dear I am so happy to read you are not hurt Ma.I myself do not drive but I am sure if I was involved in an accident it would put me off for life.They say when this happens to get straight back in and drive again,but I wouldn't know.Better you be without wheels for now an well than the opposite.Prayers you do not have pain or anything from the shock.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ora said...

Ma...you are ok...not hurt..nobody else is either...for that we give thanks!!! but how will you get around and to the camper without a car...??? you are in my prayers each day...love to you in Him who loves and keeps us safe each day!!! hugs from KY