It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chapter 5, Page 10, Book 11

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but God did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way

Author Unknown

It's TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday!

We should never be so narrow minded in that nobody can teach us anything new.

We should not be afraid to listen to what is being said and check it out for ourselves.

I get concerned about people who think there is only one way to do things, and it is their way. We must have an open heart. It will tell us when what we are hearing is true.

Day by day, it's easy to allow my spirit to fill with thoughts and influences that simply don't leave much room for God. Just the other day something happened that totally threw me for a loop.

Stepping away from the situation for a breath of fresh air and a prayer sure did help.
But for a moment I was not the person I want to be.

TUESDAY RESOLUTION : Surrender control of the stresses in your life to God.

That's my 2 for this TUESDAY.
I hope it is a TERRIFIC day for you all!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

I'll take that as my resolution, too. I've got a presentation to give later this morning and I'm starting to feel a little nervous. Thanks for the encouragement and have a great day!

That corgi :) said...

I think you were wise to step away from the situation, Ma, and pray about it! I think life will always throw us challenges like that, God uses them I am sure to make us focus on him and what matters most! Hoping today is a good one for you!

betty

Hollie said...

I agree with Betty! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Scrappy quilter said...

Love your Tues. resolution. Hope you are having a great day. We are having so much fun house hunting. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

I like this blog entry. I'm usually open to new ideas and suggestions. But sometimes a challenge presents itself and I become obstinate. Not my favorite trait.