It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 7, Book 11

Thankful Thursday!

All of us know we need to be thankful. We also know from our own experience that once we seriously start giving thanks, our burdens and our troubles seem to weigh less heavily on our shoulders. That's part of the power of being thankful. As we pause to give thanks to God for what's good in our lives, we also appreciate what we have.


We can develop a thankful mind. Did your bus arrive on time today? If so, did you thank the driver? When you ate at the restaurant, did you thank the waiter for filling your coffee cup a second time without being asked? I could go on and on, but that's the point I want to make is to develop an attitude of gratitude toward the people in your life. Just those few words of thanks are a great way to develop a thankful mind and heart.

Lenten Tip for Today: Be thankful for the honesty in other people. No one likes to hear negative things, but sometimes you need to hear them. Of course, they may momentarily hurt your feelings, but you still can learn and grow from the experience.

Only two people will tell you the truth about yourself: someone who's angry at you and someone who loves you very much. God uses both types of people in our lives.

Today I'm thankful for my coffee maker that always provides a good cup of coffee every morning.

I'm thankful for the running water that comes right out of the faucet day after day without fail

I'm thankful for the warmer weather. Soon I'll be drinking that good cup of coffee outside on the patio in the mornings.

I'm thankful for my health, for my family, for my home and all I need each day.
The supply seems to be unending and I'm thankful that I can enjoy each and every moment of each day.

I hope that this Thursday you can find something to be THANKFUL for too!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Never thought of being thankful for my morning coffee...but...Yes!!..morning coffee and it's maker....!!

Enjoy

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful thankful list. I always enjoy reading yours. We do have so much to be thankful for, don't we. Hope you have a wonderful Thurs. Hugs

jack69 said...

I am thankful that the water is no longer frozen, Thankful that Johnny is well enough to leave knowing that all seems to be well, and most thankful that tomorrow the motor home will head South and our family in NC
Love from Sherry & Jack

Kath said...

If I said Thankyou a thousand times a day Ma,it wouldn't be enough.One of my favourite words.It is wonderful to have so many things to be thankful for.Have a wonderful day.Take Care God Bless and Thankyou for taking time each day to write your wonderful Blog for us to read..Love Kath xx

Sybil said...

And I am ever thankful for you my friend MA....Loved your thankful list. we have so much to be thankful for if we just use our eyes, and ears and then say thank you..
Love Sybil x

That corgi :) said...

That is so true, Ma, to develop a thankful mind! I know I started doing that, thanking people for just about anything, LOL, but it does put you in a grateful mindset! Thanking God for all he has done is always a good thing too!!

And it is hard sometimes to hear something negative about ourselves, but it is good that we do so we can learn to improve ourselves if we are willing to!

betty

Hollie said...

We really do have so much to be thankful for...large & small! Truly blessed!