It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 04, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 4, Book 11

Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.

Jacques Prévert


It's MERRY Monday!

I learned that sometimes when you are in the midst of sadness and sorrow and it is hard to find anything good, you should, no, you MUST find happiness in things big and small to survive and get back to a place of well being.

We need to choose to move on past the sadness and the worry to look at the positive and the happy, even if it has to start off seeing the good in very small things

Music always makes me feel better. So does taking a long walk on a nice day. And of course spending time with any of my children or grandchildren always makes me smile.

Crafting is another thing that makes me feel better. When I start creating something, I feel good and loose track of anything else but what I'm working on. I must be on my 10th friendship shawl now and I've still at least that many planned. I've even bought the yarn for them.

Spending time with my friends is always fun. I've known these gals for so long and there is always plenty to laugh about when I'm with them. We really don't get together often but when we do it's a blast.

Camping is another thing that I love to do. Being a city gal I miss so much here at home, but going to my little place in the woods is one thing that brings relaxation and peace like nothing else can.

Trying to find joy is worth it.

Big things or small, I’m grateful for what happiness I can get on this earth.


Today I'll be caring for our little Mr. Wonderful, who really isn't so little any more. He is growing like a weed. I'm developing muscles I haven't used in a long time by just lifting him in and out of his crib or high chair. It'll be a Merry Monday for sure here at my house.

I hope your Monday is a MERRY one too!

'On Ya'-ma


Lenten Tip for today: PRAY that you find joy in small things.

4 comments:

Kath said...

Hi Ma it's good to be back commenting in your blog.You do have many interests and those fingers of yours have sure been busy knitting those shawls.Well done clap clap.I also know you loooove your camper and you so deserved it after all those yrs of hard work and bringing up your wonderful family.It sounds like little fellow is getting a big fellow now lol!!! I too enjoy little ones they are such fun.Have a lovely day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

I like your Lenten tip Ma for praying to find joy in the small things even when times are tough, there are always things like you mentioned that can make us smile and be thankful, flowers growing, children smiling, etc! Good reminder for us!!

I bet Mr. Wonderful is very wonderful to take care of!! I'm sure that brings you joy indeed!

betty

jack69 said...

It is very hard to look UP when yoyu are down, but you are right, for peace of mind we must try.

Have a great day, or I hope you are having a great day with your Mr. Wonderful.
Love from the Windy north'
Sherry & Jack

grammy said...

Camping ...yes...I can't wait (o:
I actually get elbowitist...(my word) from lifting babies. Then there is the back pain...lol