It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 30, 2011

CHAPTER 4, Page 30, Book 11

SUPER SATURDAY!

Things Work Out
Edgar A. Guest

Because it rains when we wish it wouldn't,
Because men do what they often shouldn't,
Because crops fail, and plans go wrong-
Some of us grumble all day long.
But somehow, in spite of the care and doubt,
It seems at last that things work out.


Because we lose where we hoped to gain,
Because we suffer a little pain,
Because we must work when we'd like to play-
Some of us whimper along life's way.
But somehow, as day always follows the night,
Most of our troubles work out all right.


Because we cannot forever smile,
Because we must trudge in the dust awhile,
Because we think that the way is long-
Some of us whimper that life's all wrong.
But somehow we live and our sky grows bright,
And everything seems to work out all right.


So bend to your trouble and meet your care,
For the clouds must break, and the sky grow fair.
Let the rain come down, as it must and will,
But keep on working and hoping still.
For in spite of the grumblers who stand about,
Somehow, it seems, all things work out

After a week of lots of rain and storms we are to finally have a sunny day here. The sunshine will be all day long they say! I'm excited. We did see it now and then this past week, but it was in and out and didn't stay around long at all.

I'll be too chilly for having my coffee out on the deck here this morning , but I'll probably eat lunch and dinner sitting at the picnic table in the sun. And without a doubt it will be a day to spend outdoors. No sitting inside for me today!

It will be a SUPER Saturday for me today! I hope it's a SUPER one for you too!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

So glad you are going to have sunshine! Yay! It was beautiful here yesterday! Mattie & I spent the entire day outside basking in the sunshine! IT's rather cool here this morning though...46 degrees. I'm sitting here with a jacket on at the computer. LOL It's supposed to be beautiful again today so you know where I'll be!

grammy said...

Just caught up (o:
So glad you have sun...it really does make a difference on our outlook of life.
It was blowing....hard....like blow you over....here yesterday, and calling for rain and snow all weekend. That made me sad because I have little Grands all weekend and I am so tired of being stuck in the house.
Soak up the sun sweetie (o:

That corgi :) said...

Bet you did enjoy your time outside today, Ma, soaking in some of those sun rays!! Let's hope this is a beginning of a pattern of many more sunny days in the weeks ahead!

betty

Jean said...

Hi Ma, it want be long before you will have more nice days. It has been nice here most days we have to turn the air on, but so for today it’s nice and cool with out the air. I did raise some windows to let in some fresh air. Take care, Jean.

Buttercup said...

Perfect spring day here. I was able to be outside a lot and hope to do so tomorrow. My plan is to go through my lighter clothes and see what's still wearable. Have a wonderful Sunday!