It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 28, Book 11

THANKFUL Thursday!

I'm very thankful for these beautiful yellow tulips were a gift from DS#5 and his family for Easter. The Easter Lily in my entry for yesterday was a gift from DS#6 and his family.

I'm very thankful for all the gifts I received this Easter, it's always good to give gifts but to be thankful for the ones you get isn't always as easy. I often think that they should have saved their money and gotten something they needed for themselves, but I know that giving is a way of showing appreciation and it's always nice to be appreciated. I'll be showing another one of my many gifts in my post for Friday.

Spring’s warm weather means more and more things to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for being able to venture outside and putting away heavy clothing for yet another year.

I'm thankful for a whole new world of activities that await on the beautiful days to come, including gardening, hiking, camping, and picnics. A picnic outside, no matter how simple, it has a freshness and excitement, particularly after eating indoors all winter.

I'm thankful that I still have my camper to go to when weather permits. Having some of my family camping close by is what make it even more wonderful

As always, I give thanks for my all of my family, my health, my home, and for my faith too.

I am truly thankful for these and all the many blessings in my life. I have such a plentiful abundance of good things in my life that to list them all would be impossible.

Everything I Needed
Poet Unknown

I asked for strength and
God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom and
God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity and
God gave me brawn and brains to work.

I asked for courage and
God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for patience and
God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.

I asked for love and
God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for favors and
God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.

My prayers have all been answered.


I hope your Thursday is one that is filled with things you can be thankful for too.

'On Ya'-ma


5 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks for reminding me that God will always provide for my needs....Hugs!
Hope you can go camping soon!!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

Those tulips are pretty, Ma! So neat to be honored like this with gifts from your loved ones! Your camping days should be coming up soon I imagine whenever the weather decides to cooperate! We don't have to change out clothes too much with our mild seasons, but I'm starting to tuck the sweat shirts away and wear more tee shirts, so spring definitely is here too!

enjoy the day!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

The flowers are lovely ~ it is always nice to receive gifts from our loved ones ~ and just as nice to be able to give them gifts ~ Ally x

TARYTERRE said...

Beautiful tulips. Once you plant them, you'll be able to enjoy them year after year as a remembrance of the holiday. You brightened my day by talking about picnics. I love to eat outdoors, weather permitting. It's envigorating. Hope you'll be camping soon. Take care.

Midlife Mom said...

We have so many things to be thankful for and it's nice to take the time to think about them. Good health is such a big thing to be thankful for and even if it isn't perfect we don't have to look very far to see someone worse off. I am thankful that my 94 year old FIL is okay today as he fell last night and has a 5 inch cut on his forehead which required over 40 stitches!!