It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 27, Book 11


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

MY MOMENT FOR TODAY: seeing my Easter Lilly bloom

Did you know: This lily is the traditional flower of spring and is highly regarded as a joyful symbol of beauty, hope, and life. Easter has its share of traditions: egg decorations and hunts; gift baskets and chocolate bunnies, sunrise church services, parades, and, of course, the Easter Lily. For many, the beautiful trumpet-shaped white flowers symbolize purity, virtue, innocence, hope and life, the spiritual essence of Easter.

The Legend of Easter Lily


When these wonderful blossoms start to wither I'll be planting it outside and hopefully it will bloom again. Because Easter lilies naturally bloom in June and July, not at Easter time, I won’t look for flowers next Easter. It will be a beautiful addition to my summer garden.

Have a WONDERFUL wonder-filled Wednesday!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Off-and-on rain here all day and then severe T-storms tonight....things are rock'n and roll'n up here in the high country....!!

Enjoy

Ally Lifewithally said...

Your Lily is indeed a beautiful flower ~ Hope your Wednesday will be a Blessed one for you ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

I didn't realize the lillies didn't bloom until June/July; learned something new today. They are pretty flowers and I like the picture of yours! I'm sure it will be something to look forward to next year watching it grow and get ready to bloom!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE lillies. I did not know the story about the Easter Lilly. What a powerful tale.

Sybil said...

Hello Ma,
Have you missed my comments...I'm afraid I "lost" you !!! but now I have "found" you again so we are back to normal. I have missed reading your words each morning, They are also so uplifting. The Easter Lily was my Jacqueline's fav. flower as well...I can't say that it is mine I can never associate it with anything otherthan death....sorry ..
I am glad to see that your spring has at last arrived, not before time I would say.
Take care,
Love Sybil x

Rose said...

I love tulips. You don't see them too often in Florida.

I used to have them in my garden when I lived in New England