It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 26, Book 11


TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY

There is time for everything

Thomas Edison

There is specific time for every specific thing. There is time for everything under heaven. We think everything is important and we don’t want to give any of it up. So just how are we to outsmart time?

I've found that by living in the present moment and enjoying it for just what it is, gives me plenty of time to enjoy life Just to be aware of the grandness of the moment is a wonderful thing. For me living life in the present is part of living life to the fullest

Learning to live in the moment can mean getting up early to enjoy the beauty of an early sunrise, going for a hike instead of watching TV, or working at a hobby that destroys any trace of boredom. You just have to enjoy life's every moment as none of them will happen the same way again.

Every day I want to do something that takes my breath away. I can do this in lots of different ways: praying, watching nature programs, and reading stories of personal triumph, to name a few.

Just walking outside and viewing the beautiful spring flowers is another way I get that hard to define feeling. Even a small dose of nature can improve my mood

Physical contact with animals works wonders. It increases the brain chemicals associated with pleasure and decreases those associated with stress. While I no longer have dogs at my house I do have a lot of grand dogs and I love them all.

A baby's smile is another thing that can take my breath away. Thankfully, with my own children and now plenty of grandchildren I have plenty of opportunities for that.

Everyday, try and find these drops of small precious moments can build an ocean of JOY for a lifetime

There you have it my 2 for this Tuesday: Time for everything and ways to make more precious moments.

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Ora said...

thanks...you got my "tuesday" off to a great start...even if it is raining!!!! LOL...hugs from KY

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Sending you smiles and hugs this rainy Tuesday morn.....

Enjoy

Scrappy quilter said...

Another wonderful post to start my day. It's bright and sunny here with promises of warm temps. We are suppose to get snow flurries this week however I'm not going to think of those until it happens. We've been walking everyday and it's been wonderful. Hope you have a beautiful Tues. Hugs

Hollie said...

Hugs on this wonderful Tuesday!

TARYTERRE said...

Love the new header looking into the heavens. GORGEOUS. I agree that nature can improve a mood. Just being outside to breathe in the fresh air, makes a difference. So does the unconditional love of a pet. I have two kitties that are so sweet. I can't imagine my days without them. I definitely live in the moment here at my house, too.

grammy said...

I liked your advice for things that take your breath away. Mine is often tied to my little's (o:
Today the three year old napped here after pre-school. I had to wake her up to be ready for her Mom. She was sweaty and curly and pink faced....I could not get enough hugs and cuddles and kisses from her....Awwww....just breathe

That corgi :) said...

I like your wanting to do something every day that takes your breath away, Ma. And what you listed are things that don't cost money and just need maybe a minor adjustment in your day to make them work (like getting up early for the sunrise etc). That is good advice to take at heart I do believe; I think I'll try this too!

betty