It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 21, Book 11

THANKFUL THURSDAY
Build upon your blessings.

Sometimes we need to eliminate the negative and sometimes we have to accentuate the positive. It is the blessing of yesterday upon which we are to build our todays ...

By counting our blessings we are encouraged do better today and tomorrow than we did yesterday. Sometimes, however, we are so preoccupied, that we don’t even see them.

Let's begin this new day by putting behind us all the past days we wasted or lost and live this new day to the fullest. Think of how much better we would be if we had continued each new day with the blessing of those previous days.
Today I'm thankful for the beauty of Spring.

I'm thankful that this coming weekend will be yet another opportunity for my family to gather together.

I'm thankful that none of my family or friends were affected by the terrible tornadoes this past weekend

I'm thankful that the presence of Christ within us helps us to face all our tomorrows

As always I'm thankful too for my health, my family, my home and my friends. For these and all my blessings I am truly thankful.

The secret to happiness is prayerfully counting your blessings, while offering thanks to God.

When you're having a bad day, take a few minutes and start thanking God for all the blessings He's given to you. You'll find that your focus turns from things that make you sad, to things that make you happy. It really works! You'll feel better, trust God more and be happier.

Lenten tip for Holy Thursday: ask the Lord's forgiveness for the days we have lost, and His help in using this one and future days properly.

Remember to begin this new day, and our tomorrows, with a blessing from yesterday; a blessing that comes to us over and over again from many past days

I hope that your Thursday is full of blessings for building a great day!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm feeling really blessed this morning! Beautiful entry & so true!

Scrappy quilter said...

I always enjoy reading your Thankful Thursday list. Our lives are so much more enriched when we take the time to be thankful, whether it's Thursday or any other day of the week. Our outlook is so much better isn't it. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

Another great reminder Ma about what really matters, thanking God and being grateful for what Jesus did for us. Also good to remember not to dwell on the past and days lost but to live each day gratefully with purpose to do the best we can with what we have to work with. I am glad all your family were safe through these terrible storms blowing threw and that you guys will have a chance to get together this weekend!

betty

Kath said...

Have a blessed Easter Ma and a wondeful time with your family.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

Like the post today. Eliminating negativity is always important. And being with family for the holiday is a welcome addition to the celebration. You'll have a wonderful time, I know.