It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 20, Book 11

Just because I'm wandering, doesn't mean I'm lost.

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

Wednesday of Holy Week has been a traditional day in many countries for housecleaning - from the Jewish custom of cleaning before Passover.

To be truthful, the downstairs of my house, the rooms you first see when you come into the house are nice and clean. Since these rooms were painted last month, everything has been kept ship shape. All the clutter is gone and I love having it like this.

But...if you go upstairs or down stairs in my house you'll find all those things I took out of the first floor just to make it look good. Now my DD says I should give it all away. Get rid of it she says. I'm a saver and I'm not ready to let go of all these things. So there they all sit along with an accumulation of many other years. Maybe it's time I let go of a few things....

Lenten tip for today: GIVE truthful responses to all those you come in contact with today

Today I'm celebrating a WONDERFUL Wednesday because after a month long search I finally found my camera that had been safely packed away since we painted the front room and dining room last month.

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one too!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Yay, on finding your camera! I bet your main floor does look good! It's hard to let go of things!

Scrappy quilter said...

I found one way to get rid of stuff was to move. When we moved here we downsized bigtime and this time we are downsizing yet again so getting rid of stuff has been quite easy. There is nothing quite like saying the truth is there. I keep forgetting, I wanted to tell you how much I like your header. Hope your Wed. is perfect. Hugs

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Congrads on finding your camera...!! I'm lost without mine...Have a Wonderful Day....

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

So glad you found your camera, Ma!! And just in time for Easter!! Maybe we can see some pictures of your newly painted walls! Great Lenten tip too! I think I would have trouble with some of these truthful responses with people I might come in contact with; probably good that I work at home :)

enjoy the day!

betty

ADB said...

Quoting Tolkien: "--- not all those who wander are lost". And that also applies to you camera! Have a great Holy Week.

grammy said...

I think you really should consider giving it away....so freeing (o:
Remember...I had to do it for the great move in ...lol
I like it now, but it was hard.

Midlife Mom said...

I am always hunting for something here so glad you found your camera! I still am looking for a pair of scissors that I put up when the grands were little toddlers and now they are 8 and 9!!!

Martha (MM) said...

Yep, sounds like it's time to start some sorting and selling or donating - not everything, just the things you don't really love anymore!
Hope it's been a wonderful Wednesday :-)

TARYTERRE said...

Letting go of things is difficult. I know, I save things too. Happy you have found your camera. Especially in time for the holiday.