It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 2, Book 11

Yesterday is experience, tomorrow is hope,
today is getting from one to the other

It's SUPER SATURDAY!

Our experiences often carve jagged edges in our lives. We have to learn to trust and mistrust. We all have a specific, unique purpose and destiny in this world. It’s up to us to pursue it.

Stiff-necked and stubborn, won’t listen, won’t take correction, won’t obey, won’t heed warnings -- That is me somedays!

Lately I've been making some changes around my house. My old style of decorating was an eclectic mix of country furnishings. My new look has several modern touches. It seems my style is changing. Along with that I think I am changing too. Hopefully I will be able to bend my willfulness and direct my thoughts and ways to a more purpose filled way of life.

Changes are a part of life and I try to be open to what comes around. Just like old winter has passed and Spring has made every thing look NEW again.

With that in mind, here is a list of a few new uses for old things:

Repurpose an old frame for a vanity tray that's pretty as a picture. Place a piece of colored paper or fabric inside as a finishing touch.

Stop searching high and low for hair clips and elastics: Store them tidily on an empty TP tube.

Vegetable oil will put a shine on leather shoes. Use a damp cloth to remove any dirt, then run a soft cloth with a drop of oil over the surface to add polish.

Transform a six-pack beverage holder into a condiment tote that's ideal for summer picnics. Just put your napkins, ketchup, salt and pepper shakers etc. into each of the slots.

Forget unruly plastic bags that seemingly regenerate under your sink. An empty tissue box keeps them neatly corralled and ready for use.

A giveaway shower cap becomes the perfect wrapper for shoes when traveling, preventing them from dirtying clothes packed in your suitcase

You can brand anything as yours―books, binders, Tupperware, a stapler―with a return-address sticker.

A supermarket bag, tightly secured with a rubber band, will keep a brush (or roller) moist for a day or two in between painting sessions: the end of dried-out bristles

Lenten Thought for today:

Do less and pray more

I hope that today is one that you can find something NEW TO YOU too! Remember the saying about how it's Never to late to teach an Old Dog New Tricks.

Have a SUPER Saturday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Love your lenten thought for today...do less and pray more!! Wonderful words. Sometimes I fight change, sometimes I embrace it. I'm getting much better at embracing it...I think that comes with age. Hope your day is a wonderful one. Soon you'll be camping. Hugs

jack69 said...

Hey MA! This one is full of great hints and good advice. I can use many of the tips. Thanks.

Have a great weekend and hope Spring is starting to spring all over.
Love,
Sherry & Jack

jack69 said...

Hey MA! This one is full of great hints and good advice. I can use many of the tips. Thanks.

Have a great weekend and hope Spring is starting to spring all over.
Love,
Sherry & Jack

Kathy said...

Sounds like spring is coming to Ohio too. I love this time of the year. I like your Lenten thought for the day. I need to pray more and do less some days. I try to do my praying in the morning when the house is quiet but that is when my cat likes to snuggle and it's very distracting while I am trying to read the bible or pray. Have a good weekend my friend.

grammy said...

That was fun...I liked your helpful hints.
The quotes ate always great too (o:
Have a Super Saturday.

TARYTERRE said...

You are so right about changes, especially as we age. I have opened my mind lately, to try new things. I'm feeling good about that. Your new decorating style sounds perfect for a changing you. Loved the tips about address labels and bags and paint brushes.

That corgi :) said...

I liked several of those tips you shared, Ma. I wouldn't have thought of putting the bags in an old tissue box or using an address label to mark possessions; very wise ideas!

hoping we get to see some pictures of your new look soon when it is all decorated!

betty