It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 12, Book 11

Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

Kurt Vonnegut


TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY

Old fashioned remedies

I have an older car. Ford 2000 and it's starting to develop some rust spots. I came across 2 remedies that I should try out. One is vinegar and the other is baking soda. Who would have thought?

These two items have thousands of uses. I've used baking soda for years to clean out my fridge and I leave an open box in the refrigerator to eliminate odors too.

LAUGHING

As we grow older, we gradually learn that laughing at ourselves is okay. This is an important lesson. A lesson that, all too often, we forget to live.

Laughing puts things in perspective and chases embarrassment away. So, laugh at yourself, today!

There you have it my 2 for Tuesday. Getting the rust out and laughing. Who knows--since laughter is the best medicine, maybe it'll help those rust spots of mine too.

Lenten tip for today: When you have important decisions, to make, first pray. Then weigh the various options. Then act.


I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Thanks for the tips about rust. I have a small ding on my car door that I'll try them on. And you're right, it's true what they say, "Laughter is the best medicine."

Ally Lifewithally said...

who would have thought those were a treatment for rust ~ they say we learn something new every day ~
I agree Laughter is the best Medicine you can get ~ Ally x

Ally Lifewithally said...

who would have thought those were a treatment for rust ~ they say we learn something new every day ~
I agree Laughter is the best Medicine you can get ~ Ally x

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree 100% with your Lenten tip today. Love your new heading..so very pretty. Hope you have a wonderful day filled with laughter. Hugs

Hollie said...

Interesting about the rust! We will have to try that! I laugh at myself all the time! LOL

That corgi :) said...

Yep, always good to pray first when making important decisions indeed! Great advice on that Ma! I like your picture on your blog heading, your home looks so comfy and inviting from the front. Nice to see things in bloom too!

betty

Kath said...

Lovely picture Ma of a lovely home where a lovely lady lives.Heee I am always laughing at myself.... the things I do are unbelieveable.Only this morning I searched at least ten minutes for my reading specs,only to find as I was heading into the bedroom,I saw my reflection in the mirror and I was wearing them...Heeeee...Laughter is the best medicine any day.What would we all be without it?.Thankyou for the great tips,I will jot those down.Have a wonderful day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Kathy said...

I have to agree with the older you get the more relaxed you are about laughing at yourself. I guess it takes us that long to let our guards down and not be so afraid of being laughed at.

grammy said...

so funny...we hardly have rust here because it is so dry.
Good lenten tip.