It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 10, Book 11

If there is ever a time when God must smile, it's when children talk to him from their hearts:

Dear God: I bet it is hard for you to love everybody in the whole world. There are only four people in our family, and I can never do it. –Nan


Children have an amazing ability to anticipate.

They’ll count down to their birthday months ahead of time. Or if you tell them you might bake some cookies, you sure better. They won’t let you forget.

With all that anticipation, though, they don’t really plan well. They get distracted by whatever’s happening at the moment. They forget where they’re going.

…because they love what’s happening now.

When we adults look into the future, or try to, we end up worrying because it’s unknown to us.We think we’re being cautious. We think we’re being responsible. But it’s mostly a disguise for our desire to control things.

I've found a simple way to stop worrying and that is to start living now and the best way to live in the moment is by simply being thankful

I'm thankful that today is Sunday and it's my day of R and R. It's a day to get refreshed for that week ahead. It's a day to rest and relax.

Lenten Tip for Today: We all could be better if we became as a child and still held all the innocence of truth in our hearts.

I'm off to church this morning and will be saying some special prayers for all of you!

I hope that your Sunday is full of some of that good R and R too!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

We are off to church in about an hour too. It's going to be a long day as I was awake at 4:30 a.m. and haven't slept since. I always enjoy your posts...such a positive person. I agree, being thankful like a child must please our Lord in a special way. Hope your Sunday is perfect. Hugs

jack69 said...

I always get a kick out of kids plain strait logic.
Have a great day. I quit fussing about the weather.
Love from North CArolina
Sherry & Jack

That corgi :) said...

I think it is good to plan for the future but then stop worrying about the future, if you know what I mean, Ma. And of course always being thankful for what we have and learning to be content in what we have, knowing God knows what is best in all situations :)

enjoy your day!

betty

Buttercup said...

Just living in the rest and quiet of today. Laundry, drug store and bank and grocery to come. Enjoying catching up with my blog friends. So thankful for the day!

Kath said...

Funny you should write about hildren counting down there birthdays months ahead of time.My Grandaughter was only saying on Friday to me. It's me Birthday again in July Grandma LOL!! They are so funny.Sorry I wasn't commenting yesterday I havn't been online this weekend. I have been enjoying tidying the garden while the sun shines here in the UK.I give thanks for every day I wake and now try to enjoy whatever pops up.Have a Blessed Sunday Ma. Take Care God bless Kath xx