It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 01, 2011

Chapter 4, Page 1, Book 11


It's Fantastic Friday!

Here cometh April again, and as far as I can see the world hath more fools in it than ever.

Charles Lamb


The first of April, some do say,
Is set apart for All Fools' Day.
But why the people call it so,
Nor I, nor they themselves do know.
But on this day are people sent
On purpose for pure merriment.

Poor Robin's Almanac, 1790

I think it's great that there is a day set aside for fun. This is a silly holiday that gives you the opportunity to do just that -- have fun! I've been caught in a lot of April Fool jokes over the years and am always amazed at how gullible I am.

It has become a tradition to pull harmless jokes on those we hold near and dear, so beware of trusting anyone today. The timing of this day of pranks seems to be related to the arrival of Spring when nature fools mankind. I know some of you in the southern states have been enjoying Spring for awhile now. We in northern Ohio though had another snow storm just this pastTuesday.

Warning: Superstition has it that the pranking period expires at noon on the first of April and any pranks played after that will bring bad luck.


Today's Lenten Tip: When we whine, the world looks dark. Put an imaginary piece of duct tape over your mouth and try not to complain today.

It's a day of fun and laughter and I plan to have both. Be on your guard! You may be celebrating April Fool's Day, but so might someone else. Be ready, because you may be the target of someone else's prank!

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy April Fool's Day!! I try so hard not to complain and before I know it, there I go complaining about something.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Love your Lenten Tip. Good practice for all seasons!

TARYTERRE said...

Nice to hear all about April Fool's Day. I already got my joke in first thing this morning. Told someone it was going to be 63 degrees today. They got all excited before they realized I was kidding them. Cold temps expected with more snow here. Have a great day.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Thanks for visiting and for signing up as a follower of my blog!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

No pranks for us today....!!
To much "real" work to do...

Enjoy

peggy said...

I hope the sun isn't going to April Fool me. I walked out with my coffee and it was decided...I will work outside today. That's the most fun I can think of. And the squirrels dug up my peas and ate them. Have a great weekend Ma.

jack69 said...

I love April Fool's day, there may be a good reason for that. hahahaha

Hope the day is great for you!!!
Love from a beautiful day in Southern Michigan, sunshine and 50 degrees.

Ora said...

Hi Ma...yes...I am back blogging...amazing how much you miss something such as blogging...but I did...or maybe it was folks such as you...who made a day so much brighter and happier with just a few words...and yes...spring arrived in KY but didn't stick around for very long...but no snow...no rain...no sunshine either LOLOL....hugs from Ora in KY

That corgi :) said...

always enjoy a good prank as long as it isn't too much of a prank and causes a lot of distress, if you know what I mean. But it is always good to laugh indeed, at ourselves especially!

beautiful spring day here today with highs in the 70s and lots of sun, but alas, the weekend is suppose to cool down a bit :)

betty

grammy said...

I forgot to FOOL any one today. Kind of glad I didn't get fooled either (o: