It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 8, Book 11

Life is a highway on which the years go by,
Sometimes the road is level,
sometimes the hills are high...
But as we travel onward to a future that's unknown
We can make each mile we travel
a heavenly stepping stone!


Take Care Getting There On State Route 67


In my research I found out that there is a US Route 67 and a state Route 67...and that there is even a sports bar named Route 67...

I found that Route 66 was pretty nice cruising last year and this year I hope that the journey down Route 67 is just as nice or even better.

What I'm talking about of course is that I turn 67 this year. Sounds like it will be a great year for me! I know to some of you that seems terribly old, but truly you are only as old as you feel.

Life is a journey we all take. Bumps, ruts, speed traps and all. We travel a road that is completely unfamiliar to us and each turn and curve brings something new.

The Author of my story has a purpose for every page and chapter in my life. He’s got a story in mind and is building and developing the plot every day. No story is conflict-free. No story is complete without a challenge. Victory is empty without a struggle.

Today, I’m considering my life as a grand story. Good will triumph. The victory will be sweeter because of the struggle. Today is not the story. It’s just page 8 of Chapter 3, Book 11 . So I will press on, trusting in a loving and creative Author to bring about resolution. You see, I already know the ending – she lives happily ever after.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Ursula Le Guin

It's going to be a TERRIFIC Tuesday here at my house!
Relax! Enjoy! Celebrate with me!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

jack69 said...

I'm looking to get on route 73 soon, I think. I will have to ask my wife. hahahaha

Hope you have a grat day what ever route you are on.

Love from Michigan

Matt said...

Happy 67th Birthday Grandma!!

Love your Delaware family

Matt said...

Happy 67th Birthday Grandma!

Love your Delaware Family

peggy said...

I copied part of your post today, to keep and read over. The Author of my story. You always have something I like.

This is a day that gets a lot of hoopla in Michigan, fat Tuesday. Everyone has to eat a "pons-ski", down in Kentucky we call them jelly donuts.

Happy Tuesday.

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree, we are only as old as we make ourselves. I'm sure the trip down Route 67 will be wonderful. I love travelling...you see so many wonderful places, meet new people and have fun along the way. Hope your Tues. is perfect. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I love how you wrote this, Ma; the Author of your story and that you know the end of the story; what happens between the pages is always one of trust as you know. Not sure if officially today is your birthday, but will wish it anyway since I know it is around this time; Happy Birthday!! May Route 67 be a good one indeed!

betty

Martha (MM) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA! I'm sorry I'm late with the birthday wishes. Here's to the best year ever! :-)