It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 07, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 7, Book 11



Here are the two friendship shawls that I made in February


And this is the 1st of the 3 I'm making for March. It is almost completed.

It's Merry Monday

SHROVETIDE — A MERRY FESTIVAL TO SAY GOOD-BYE TO WINTER

Shrove Meaning and definition
To join in the festivities of Shrovetide; hence, to make merry.

The Monday and Tuesday before Lent are known as Shrovetide. Today is also know as Fat Monday. I guess you need more than one day of parties before lent. Tuesday is usually the day we celebrate with stacks of pancakes. This Tuesday I'll be celebrating my birthday and going out to eat at my favorite place -- Red Lobster. I always have their coconut shrimp so no pancakes for me on Tuesday . I will be fixing them today and eating my fill. I love pancakes!

Mr. Wonderful is here at my house today and although he's not old enough to eat pancakes, he does love to eat. I'll have to hide out when I eat my pancakes or feed him at the same time because if he sees me eating something, he wants to eat too.

No matter how you celebrate this Monday, I do hope it is a MERRY one for you! Smile! Think Spring! It won't be long now at all!

'On Ya'-ma


4 comments:

LYN said...

Not sure when your actual birthday is but Happy Birthday!! Enjoy Red Lobster..eat a biscuit for me!! :-)

Scrappy quilter said...

Your shawls are so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. We seldom eat at Red Lobster as the closest one is about 3 hours away. Enjoy your birthday supper. Hope you have a fun day and enjoy those pancakes. C loves pancakes, I don't. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

enjoy your birthday celebration at Red Lobster Ma! Their biscuits ar always so good! Never had the coconut shrimp, but I bet that it is delicious!! Those shawls look so very nice!! What a great custom with the pancakes; never did that growing up with the days before Lent, but always enjoy a stack a pancakes myself.

have a great day with Mr. Wonderful!

betty

jack69 said...

Sweet entry. LOve the coconut shrimp and especially the cheese biscuits. Red Lobster is our favorite place to celebrate a birthday also. So Happy Birthday early.

Love from above you a little.