It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 6, Book 11

R and R Sunday!

1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK:
If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind... I will not respond in a like manner.

2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY ENEMY:
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask GOD to bless that individual. I understand the enemy could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.

3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY:
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.

4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE:
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE:
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE, BUT I WILL NOT DO IT SECRETLY:
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.

7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED:
I will practice the golden rule - Do unto others as I would have them do unto me -with everyone I encounter.

8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED:
My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.

9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY:
I will eat less; I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank GOD for my body.

10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY:
I will spend a little more time in prayer today: I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational today; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to GOD's voice!!!

Author Unknown


But since we belong to the day, let us be self controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and hope of salvation as a helmet.
1 Thessalonians 5:8


This Sunday we are celebrating the baptism of our little Mr. Wonderful. It will be a day of celebration with my family and I'm very happy we have this wonderful reason to get together. I'll be off to church as usual, but church will not be the usual thing for sure.

With Ash Wednesday on 9th February, this is the last Sunday before Lent. We should be settling our hearts and minds on the days to follow, as we move towards Easter. In the days ahead I'll be posting some Lenten thoughts for you all. It'll be a 40 day journey that will hopefully renew us physically and spiritually.

First though, we'll be celebrating. Just like today's celebration will be full of fun and good food as I gather with my family, we also will be celebrating Pancake week...Shrove Tuesday and Mardi Gras. Lent is often a time of giving up those things we love and I put my list in the side bar for all to see. They are not necessarily things I love, but things that are a part of my life that can be made better.

Lent is like Sundays -- a time for renewal.

I do hope this Sunday brings you some time for that wonderful Rest and Relaxation that will give you refreshment for the week ahead! You all remain in my thoughts and prayers always.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

It's always good to give up something. Our church doesn't celebrate lent, however we do fast often. And like lent, it's a time of spiritual renewal. Hope you have a wonderful Sun. celebrating with your family. Hugs

Hollie said...

A reason to celebrate indeed! I know you will enjoy every moment with your family today! I'm looking forward to the 40 day journey with you!

Thank you for your prayers for Colt! I really appreciate that!

Jean said...

What a great day you will have celebrating Mr. Wonderful baptism with him and your family. Looking forward to the 40 days of lent you will be posting.

That corgi :) said...

what a special occasion for Mr. Wonderful and your family today, Ma!! I like all the lists of Today, especially #7, today I will treat others the way I wish to be treated; I think if we did that it would make a lot of the other todays easier to do :)

enjoy your day!!

betty

jack69 said...

I will practice the golden rule - Do unto others as I would have them do unto me -with everyone I encounter.
The right rule of life.

Love from north of you!!!
(3" of fresh snow last night)