It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 04, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 4, Book 11

So often life is every bit as good, if not better, than the wonderful make-believe movies we love to watch. It has all the same joy and sorrow, mystery and suspense, adventure and excitement, and love and emotion - except it's real. Live your life as if it were a great movie - complete with the happy ending.

Author Unknown

It's FANTASTIC Friday. The end of the work week for most of us. It is a happy ending here at my house.

Life doesn't always work out like we'd planned, but often the changes we experience are better that something we would have planned anyway. I try to take each day as it comes. When setbacks occur, shake them off and move on. Fill your life with positive thoughts, not by making plans for the future, but by living for today.

I've managed to clear some of the things off the walls here at my house this week. I was quite busy caring for our little Mr. Wonderful so really didn't accomplish a lot, but slowly things will get done. I will be having help with the actual painting as I've asked my children to come on a Saturday toward the end of the month. Then we'll have a painting party. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it all by myself. I think that some of my sons and my DD and her hubby will be here. Hopefully it will all get done. Many hands do make for a lighter load for sure. My task is to get it all ready for them. Of course I'll be feeding them too. You have to make sure your workers are kept happy so I'm trying to think of something easy to fix yet that they will all like.

As of today I'll have about two weeks to get my part of the job done. At the rate I'm going it will take every bit of that.

I hope your Friday is a Fantastic one and that your week has a happy ending too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

It's so good to hear you'll have help to paint. It's a large job, however it makes you smile when it's all finished. Hope your day is wonderful. Hugs

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Have a wonderful day....beautiful but cold in the high country today..!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

that is neat Ma that you were able to get some things off the wall this week! It is also neat that your family is coming to help with the painting! More hands will get the job done in no time! enjoy the weekend!

betty

grammy said...

A painting party is a great idea (o:
yes...us Pam's do need to stick together (o:
So nice you remembered about my BD.

Jean said...

Glad to hear you will be having help with your painting. I love to paint but it can be a big job. Rest and enjoy the weekend.

Sybil said...

I am so happy that you have had such a good week Ma...having the wee fella sure keeps you smiling LOL what fun to be getting the family involved with your painting, You had better not feed them to much or they might not get started again after lunch !!!
Good that your snow is at last on it's way out. Hopefully now you will get some warmth into your bones. We have a white frost this morning so hope that it has not nipped the buds..
Have a wodnerful weekend,
much Love Sybil xx