It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 31, Book 11

I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.

Elbert Hubbard


Thanksgiving should be a regular part of our lives. We can take time each day and thank God for the things He helped us with, but we should also continually breathe out simple prayers of thanksgiving every time we see Him working in our lives or blessing us.

I'm thankful for a good night’s sleep

I'm thankful for God's help in making good decisions today

And I'm very thankful to Him for keeping me encouraged

God is always good to us, always faithful, and always working diligently in our lives to help us in every possible way. We need to respond by letting Him know we appreciate Him and everything He is doing for us.

Lenten Tip for Today: Thank God for twenty things today before you ask Him for anything.

I hope your Thursday is one that you can be THANKFUL for too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

LYN said...

I'm going to do a thankful thursday post today too!!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great post....!!

Enjoy

jack69 said...

Good entry and yuou are absolutely right, we should be thankful all the time, Giving Thanks for life, love and blessings.
Sending Love, Sherry * Jack

That corgi :) said...

I like your Lenten tip for today, Ma. That is good advice to thank for 20 things from God. He does always know what is best for us and always provides for us like you said, and I know like any parent, he likes to hear "thank yous" from his children :)

betty

Buttercup said...

A great reminder! I think I'll go with a Thankful Thursday, too!

Tyson said...

Hope you have teh same great weather there we had today.
I am Thankful for soccer in the back yard with the girls.