It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 30, Book 11

Do not worry about whether or not the sun will rise, Be prepared to enjoy it.

Pearl Bailey

Spring is a time to symbolically move on from mistakes made, old habits, old grudges, projects that lack energy and negative influences. Instead of being sick and tired and upset about the way things are, be positively passionate about the way you would like things to be.

I so want to move from cleaning up my house to cleaning up the yard and flower beds outside. After all the basement and the attic didn't get that way over night and it will take awhile before it is the way it should be. I am ready to rake the leaves away and watch some flowers bloom. Sadly that isn't going to happen here just yet. Even though the sun came out yesterday it is not warm enough to do much of anything outside. I let the leaves stay on the ground to protect the tender shoots that are trying to emerge. Our mornings have been very frosty.

Today's Lenten tip:

It’s time for a little new creation in the backyard. Look for new plants or flowers to place around the house. They remind us that God is always up to something new.

When I went grocery shopping on Saturday they had the nicest herbs there growing in little pots so I bought 3 and now have them in a planter in the kitchen. At least I now have something growing around my house. I got rosemary, thyme and basil. Oh my, they do smell WONDERFUL. I pinch off a little piece every now and then and just take a whiff. They will be used in cooking too. I don't know if they'll live long as I've never had much luck growing them indoors. I'll probably move them outside later on.

I've been reading Danielle Steels 'Big Girl' and Fern Micheals 'The Guest List'. Both are about 2 very different characters whose lives were both shaped by things that happened to them in their youth and what they had to do to overcome the terrible circumstances they had. We all need to remember to always treat people the way we would like to be treated and say only kind and loving words to those that mean the most to us.


I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Raining like crazy here...!!
Have a great Wednesday....

jack69 said...

Love Pearl Baily. Just a lot of common sense in that lady.

Hope you day goes great. We are warming up some, thank the Lord.

I too, will be glad when you can get out in the yard, it will mean taht Spring has actually made it. Best though,when posts are coming from the RV.

Jean said...

It's a rainy day here in Alabama I did get out this morning long enough
To take some stuff to the Christian Center and go by the Chambers Commerce and get my daughter and granddaughter and myself a T shirt with a rattle snake picture on it. Take care, Jean.

TARYTERRE said...

It snowed here today, so I'll have to think about outside later in the season. Your herbs sound wonderful, though. I almost bought a rosemary tree a couple months ago, then worried about my cats taking a bite. Nothing like curling up with a good book. Aren't you lucky to have found two you like?