It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 3, Book 11

You cannot be grateful and bitter.
You cannot be grateful and unhappy
You cannot be grateful and without hope.
You cannot be grateful and unloving.
So just be grateful.

Author Unknown

Thankful Thursday!

Giving thanks invites us to gladly receive God's provision in each day, in each moment, and in the ordinary blessings of our lives.

It's that time of week again when I take the time to count my blessings and give thanks for all of them.

I'm thankful that although we had some flooding in our area, nothing was harmed here, but there were some that were not so fortunate.

I'm thankful that snow is once again melting. I can now see grass again around the edges of my yard.

I'm thankful that I've been able to care for Mr. Wonderful all week. Usually I share him with his other grandmother, but she injured her shoulder and has to take time off from taking care of him. Luckily I'm in good health and didn't have any other plans.

I'm thankful for DS#4 providing me with a ticket to go and visit with him and his family in May. It'll be a short trip but, as he is quite far away I don't get to see him or his family as often as I'd like, it will be wonderful.

I am thankful for the sunshine. It's supposed to be a mostly sunny day here in northern Ohio today and just maybe we'll see the last of snow disappear today.

I'm thankful as always for my family, my friends, my home and my faith. These are the important things in my life.

For these and all my blessings I am so very thankful!

I hope that this Thursday you have much to be thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

peggy said...

I do have so much to be thankful for and I end up my coffee time with you because I always have a thought from you to take with me for the day. I know what you mean about sharing your Mr. Wonderful, I have always been glad to share my grandchildren because I want as many people to love them as possible. It is so good you can be there while she is recuperating. Happy Thursday friend.

Scrappy quilter said...

I too have so much to be thankful for. Your list is wonderful. Hope you have a great Thurs. Hugs

Kathy said...

Thank you for reminding me to be thankful. Sometimes we think about negative things instead of all of the blessings in our lives. Have a wonderful day.

That corgi :) said...

that is nice to look forward to visiting your son and his family in May; what a kind gesture he did for you in providing your transportation for the visit! I'm sure you will look forward to preparing to go!!

too bad about Mr. Wonderful's other grandmother and her shoulder injury; hoping she makes a quick and complete recovery, but I know you are enjoying your time with your special little one!

betty

Midlife Mom said...

Another lovely post, they always remind me to count my blessings. I am so thankful today to be on the 'tuther end of this creeping crud that is going around. My husbands office of 50 people have all had it and then taken it home to their families! The gift that keeps on giving! ha! I feel the best today that I have since last Thursday.:o)

Glad you didn't get any of the flooding! That is such a blessing! Also for the ticket to go see your family in May, you will have a wonderful time!

Lots of sunshine here today but very cold and windy. Needless to say I am staying inside where it is warm and cozy!

jack69 said...

Quote you:
I'm thankful as always for my family, my friends, my home and my faith. These are the important things in my life.
Unquote

AMEN!