It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 28, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 28, Book 11

Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be

Marsha Petrie Sue


MERRY MONDAY!

Might have beens...

Noun. might-have-been - an event that could have occurred but never did

Be present. Instead of having your mind elsewhere, bring yourself back to now, in this moment, focused on where you are and what you’re doing and who you’re with. We cannot change things that have already happened, and obsessing over them does nothing to help us now. We cannot predict the future, so worrying about it does nothing to help you either. Instead, focus on now … if something is worrying you, take action … but even better, just be in the moment, and live as if now is all there is. Because it is.

Lenten tip for today: FAST from procrastinating today.


Have a Merry Monday!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

These words hit home. Focusing on the moment I'm in has always been difficult for me. I'm always thinking ahead to the future. But I lose sight of the present. Have to change that.

Hollie said...

So true! I love this entry! Thank you!

That corgi :) said...

I agree with TaryTerre's comment; these words hit home for me this morning too, Ma. I realized this past week with different events going on, that I need to just live in the moment and not obsess about the might have beens or the things that happened before that I continue to dwell on but be focused on just the here and now. very timely advice indeed! I also like your fasting from procrastination; I think we always think we will have more time to get something done, etc but sometimes that is not the case.

enjoy your day!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

So very true. Hope you have a wonderful Mon. It's cool here, however the sun is shining. Hugs

jack69 said...

Merry mondays are not as merry with a cold but thanks for the quote:
Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be


Marsha Petrie Sue

So I am headed for Spring, which WILL BE!

Love sent from up here,
Sherry & jack

grammy said...

Liked the quote and your insight.
we would all be so much better off to live in the now!!!