It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 27, Book 11

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day

Author Unknown

R and R Day!

Life is beautiful every time you’re able to accept something that has gone wrong. When you can feel good on the whole even though things aren’t going your way you know emotional freedom. What more could you ask for?

It is completely meaningless to complain about things. Negative people drain everyone around them and complaining won’t change your situation for the better either. You may think it makes you feel better, but it actually just keeps you down and it’s fruitless.

We can choose to bite the bullet and accept life the way it is. That takes courage but the process will empower you enormously. The ability to let go of things in everyday life makes for happiness and ease. You can even laugh when you miss a bus that’s departed five minutes early.

One thing that helps me through these everyday occurrences is my Rest and Relaxation on Sundays. No matter that I didn't get done all I wanted to this past week. I will begin again on Monday. But one thing I know is that my beginning again will be a whole lot better if I take seriously my aim to rest and relax today.

The good thing about today is that It is R and R Day and I'm going to make the most of it. I start out my Sundays with prayer and reflection and check up on my e-mail and update my blog. Slowly enjoying my good cup of coffee (or two) and being just plain lazy. Then I'm off to church as always.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers always. Not only is there something good in today, but there is something you can do that is good for you too!

I wish you a great day of R and R . We all need it to refresh and renew, to revitalize ourselves for a new week ahead!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Ah, yes. We take today as our R & R day too. After church we usually go to lunch either alone or with another couple or two from church and then home to relax........so nice. No pressure to do anything. Can't wait for my afternoon nap today. I woke up super early to let the dog our 3am ish and I am still awake at 6:10. I am sure I will be dozing off here in a few minutes before I have to get ready for church. Many blessings to you Ma. Have a wonderful day.

Joyful Days said...

Good advice! Happy Sunday to you!

Scrappy quilter said...

It's our day of R & R too. We won't be going to church as we need repairs done on the van. However we will be enjoying the day by playing. Hope your day is perfect. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I like that quote "every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day". Taking the time to reflect on the day at the end of the day, I bet even on the toughest of days there is always something good in it indeed! I'll have to remember that!!

Great advice too, Ma, to let things go. We don't need that added burden since every day always presents new challenges for us to deal with.

Enjoy your day!

betty

Linda :) said...

I've had to distance myself from a few friends who after many years of their doom and gloom started to bring me down...
Hope you are having a Blessed Sunday!! :)

Buttercup said...

Sunny and clear here today. Time to relax and had a delightful second cup of coffee with a friend. Wishing you all sweet things in the week ahead.