It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 26, Book 11

The only thing that wakes you up faster than coffee is spilled coffee.

SUPER SATURDAY!

It is not easy to begin the day with a SMILE when everything you do seems to be disastrous. Spilling a cup of coffee should be the least of our worries but sometimes it seems to set the mood for the whole day. When things like that happen to me I just stop doing and change direction.

Sometimes I find that just taking a day to read a good book is what I need and that is just what I did one day this week. I really enjoyed the book and am also enjoying the Kindle that the 'babes' got for me at Christmas too. They also got me some gift cards from Amazon to buy more books for it too.

LENTEN TIP FOR TODAY:PRAY for open-mindedness.

Today is a quiet day here at my house and about the only thing on my agenda is some grocery shopping.

I hope your Saturday is a super one too.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm with you on just taking a day and reading a good book. I've done that often...it's so rewarding isn't it. Hope you have a fun Sat. Not long now and you'll be camping. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

praying for open mindness is a good thing, Ma. We usually don't do that do we? We usually start judging first I think. Glad you took a day to read and relax! I bet those Kindles are fun to have!!

hope you find great bargains at the store!

betty

jack69 said...

Good entry and good tip.

I am afraid things here just took a turn for the worst. haha! I wondered how long you could be in a hospital without catching something. I am sneezing, eyes watering, and nose running. Shucks.

Hope you have a great weekend.
Love Sherry & Jack

Buttercup said...

I'm enjoying my kindle, too. A gift from my goddaughter and her mother and I am so pleased to be reading so much more now. I pop over to Amazon often and have gotten a number of good books for free in the free book section. I've been delighted with some of the choices. What are you reading these days?

TARYTERRE said...

Reading a good book always puts my mind at ease. Enjoy your Kindle. I have one too, so I know how much you like it.

grammy said...

I spilled my coffe this morning...right when I was taking it off of the pot. Down my leg and on my foot. I just am so thankful not littles were standing with me. Give me a reason to slow down and be more careful (o:
I can't deside if I want a Kindle. I just read two books that are new. Got them at the library by placing a hold on them. If I would have bought them for Kindle....what would that have been? Twenty or more? I would be tempted all the time to get a new book...yikes (o:

Martha (MM) said...

I agree! Open mindedness (and a positive attitude) are the only way to go!
Just popping in for my weekend visit. Thanks for always being such an inspiration!
Hope you had a beautiful day :-)