It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 25, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 25, Book 11

As you teach, you learn.

Jewish Proverb


FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

I'm not a teacher by profession. But as a mom I taught a lot of things to my children. I think that any one that teaches anything also learns some things in the process.

Children have a way of making complicated things so simple. They never give up and are willing to try things over and over again to get it right.

I remember the endless lists of spelling words and math flash cards that were always a part of the homework we'd do each evening. We'd go over and over the same things until they got it right.

I'm still learning something new every day of my life. I don't know if I'll ever get it right.
They say where the mind goes, the man follows. Pay more attention to your thoughts and choose to think on things that will help you instead of hinder you. I've learned to be an optimist.

An optimist is one who takes the cold water thrown upon his idea, heats it with enthusiasm, and uses the steam to push ahead
Lenten Tip for today:

PRAY that you continue to be open to learning.

I hope that your Friday is a Fantastic one!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I think it is important for us to continue to learn and to continue to practice what we have learned or it is so easy to get into a slump and not allow our brain to do what it does best "work". I know I think about this as I get older with ways to continue to keep skills sharp, hobbies to engage in that stimulates the brain/learning, etc. And you are right, teaching does help us learn because it helps reinforce what we already know or opens up new solutions as we see the new skill being done by someone we taught it too.

I do hope it is a nice day for you Ma!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh I love this post. We are always learning, always. Just the other day, hubby was saying "I learn something new everyday" to something I had shared with him. And it's so true. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

jack69 said...

Good entry, great advice; and I love the cold water to hot statement!
Take care, one day it will be spring and the trees will be bursting with leaves at the camper, someday!!!!

Love from UP here.

Jean said...

I do enjoy reading your post and look forward to it. I had read it earlier, and something came up before I wrote a comment I'm having a sleepless night so I get back on the computer a while. Glad to hear your children came this past weekend and painted for you. If I had decided to go with my hard wood floors I would have had them refinished. I'm glad I went with the carpet. Hope you have a great day it Saturday morning here. Lol.