It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 24, Book 11

No one is born thankful. Gratitude is something that is learned, and perhaps the best way to learn gratitude is by repeatedly expressing it. It is by offering thanks that we can come to something like thankfulness. When our children were young we would often prompt them to express gratitude -- Say 'thank you' to the nice gentleman. -- not merely to teach them manners, but also so that they might learn gratitude. After all, thankfulness takes practice.

Thankful Thursday!

I'm thankful
FOR PEOPLE who speak and for people who listen
FOR MOMENTS to share and moments to partake
FOR FAMILY members who bless my life with their countless gifts of love
FOR MY HEALTH which has been good through out the winter. The cold and dark days of winter are the hardest on me and I'm very thankful that Spring is here.
FOR LENT, a season to change my heart and renew my soul.

For these and all my many blessings I am so truly thankful.


Lenten Tip for Today:

GIVE inspiration to be courageous to a friend who is having a rough time.

I'm hoping your Thursday is one in which you have many things to be thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you have a wonderful day! It's kinda cloudy & cool here this morning!

Joyful Days said...

I am always thankful for your encouraging posts!

Kathy said...

I am Thankful to have found your blog a few years ago. You always have uplifting posts and something for me to think about. Thank you Pam.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful list of thankfulness. Hope your day is perfect. Hugs

jack69 said...

I never thought about exercising or practicing to be thankful and grateful, but you are right.
Thanks.
LOVE from up here and we did not get any snow either but it is cold for the next few nights. Then SPRING??????

Jean said...

I am thankful for this nice Spring day here in South Alabama. Everything is looking so green with a nice cool breeze blowing.Take care, Jean

Midlife Mom said...

I too am always thankful for your posts! They are so uplifting and make me think about things that I need to be thinking about. I am thankful for you and your blog!!!

That corgi :) said...

Definitely gratitude is something that is learned and I think we need to continue to practice it in our lives. I know when I was praying this morning, it struck me I hadn't spent time really thanking God lately for all the wonderful things he is and has done for me and others, so I need to practice that in my own life indeed!

betty