It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 20, Book 11

The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!

Robert Browning

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING !


Sundays are my day to take a break from my LABORS, and ENCOURAGE MYSELF–to de-stress and get some INNER REST and to have some FUN. I need a break and so do you!

More and more I need the breaks that Sundays provide for me. It could be that I'm getting older or it could be that I finally realized just how beneficial it is to rest and relax, refresh and renew!

If we don't take care of ourselves we are not much good for others.

It's to be in the 50's here today, but the week ahead will still be on the cool side as I see the long range forecast still has many days in the upper 30's for us. Still that is not freezing cold so I'm thankful for that. Slowly we'll warm up here, but Spring takes it's time in northern Ohio. The temps will go up and down before they level out.

I'll be off to church as usual and will be praying for you all!

LENTEN TIP FOR TODAY:
Be kind to someone each day

Hopefully you'll include some good R and R in your Sunday too. We all need to refresh our selves for the week ahead.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like your Lenten tip for today Ma!! we do need to be kind and sometimes practice being kind, especially to those it is hard to be kind too.

Happy Spring!! It is here finally!!! Soon it will be camping days too!

betty

jack69 said...

My wish for you is a very restful day, and I haven't checked but did you say Spring?
Well I noticed the great news on our weather here. We are expecting snow three of the next five days, with tems down to the lower teens.

But God is good and Spring will reach Michigan whe He gets ready!

Love ya

Midlife Mom said...

We went to the early service this morning and were back home by 10:30 with lunch at 11:30 so now the afternoon is open for all kinds of rest and maybe some reading. Yes, we do need times to de-stress and just enjoy the sun coming in on the sun porch. I really think I could live out there with the woods in the back to watch all the wildlife and birds coming to my feeders. Guess I would miss having a bathroom and kitchen though......ha!

Scrappy quilter said...

Was thinking of you and wondering if the painting got done yesterday. Hope you are having a nice relaxing day. Hugs

Buttercup said...

Sunny, but cold today. Spring always takes longer than I think it will and now rarely make the mistake of running off in the morning in a sweater and coming home after dark and it's cold. Hope you had a great Sunday and as always, thank you for your prayers.

Hollie said...

Happy Spring!!! It was near 80 the past two days, but much cooler today!