It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 19, Book 11

SUPER SATURDAY

Todays Lenten Thought:

Forgive someone who doesn't deserve it, maybe even yourself

TODAY IS THE DAY I hope to have my front room and dining room painted. Most of my children are coming in to help and it is hoped by the end of the day it will all be done.

The walls will be painted a coral shade and I'm hoping that with my dark blue furniture and a few decorative pieces containing aquamarine, white and turquoise it will bring a sense of radiance to these old rooms.

My Kitchen is painted an aquamarine color of blue so I'm thinking that the coral colored walls will blend right in with that too. It'll help the rooms flow together. I'm striving for a super calming effect as the colors I've chosen all remind me of the beach. The beach is my favorite place to be.

I've also got a new painting project planned after this one gets done. It won't be on the same scale at all but it will go along with my theme. I plan to paint a sign to place on the wall in my newly painted front room that says...Why hurry there is time enough for everything. I'm not sure exactly how it'll look yet but will be working on it in between doing a little painting for Easter gifts this year.

I love the fresh invigorating colors of pink, green and white but they didn't go so well with all the blue I have here so instead I chose the coral, turquoise and white.
My furniture also has thin stripes of aqua and coral in it so this should help to bring that out too.

In the days ahead I'll be showing some pictures as I get things back up on the walls and the decorative trinkets placed back on the shelves and tables.

Today will be a SUPER Saturday here at my house. I hope it is a super one for you all too.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Joyful Days said...

Paint is a wonderful thing! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Scrappy quilter said...

I was wondering if you had your painting done yet. Oooh you'll have to post a picture. The colors sound fabulous. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

sounds like a pretty color you are painting the walls, Ma!! I know you will enjoy the time spent with your children as they help you accomplish this project and I look forward to seeing your pictures in the weeks to come of the finished project!!

I like that sign you are thinking of painting; that is a good reminder to have about!!

betty

jack69 said...

I know this will brighten up a life or two, just the getting to gether not counting the paint.

Love from Ann Arbor

We have the MH parked at the Wayne county Fair Grounds with FULL hookups. YEAH!

TARYTERRE said...

I love the beach too. Hope your painting project went as planned. The coral color sounds beautiful and will compliment your room and furniture, in a big way. Can't wait to see the photos.