It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 17, Book 11

Thankful Thursday and St. Patrick's Day

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't turn their hearts; and if those who don't turn their hearts, may they turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping

Old Gaelic Blessing

There is great power in the act of blessing. So why we don't offer more blessings for one another? I love the Irish Blessings that always come with St Patrick's Day! There seem to be hundreds of them. I guess we always think about the blessings we receive and not about giving some to others.

St. Paddy used the shamrock, the Irish national emblem, to explain the mystery of the Holy Trinity--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He converted legions of Irish pagans to Christianity. I'm thankful for the blessing of what he was able to do. He blessed others by sharing Christ with them.

To say, May God bless you, is to borrow the power of God to offer good words when that seems beyond us. It is asking God to take the lead.

With the spirit of everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, keep your eyes open for leprechans today. Find a shamrock for luck. As this Persian Proverb advised, Go and wake up your luck. And on this fine day, look to the hope of spring.

May you see God's light on the path ahead
When the road you walk is dark.
May you always hear,
Even in your hour of sorrow,
The gentle singing of the lark.
When times are hard may hardness
Never turn your heart to stone,
May you always remember
when the shadows fall—
You do not walk alone

Irish Blessing

Lenten Tip for today: Get up earlier than anyone else in your house and spend your first 15 minutes of the day thanking God for the gift of life and offering your day to Him.


Here's Wishing You
a Bright and Happy
St. Patrick's Day!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day...!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I liked that Lenten tip for today, Ma! Unfortunately, I find myself getting up those 15 minutes earlier and getting on the computer first, need to change the order of things I do believe.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I was reading someone's blog last night who had made green milk for her kids when they were growing up for St Patrick's Day. not sure I could drink that, LOL :)

betty

jack69 said...

I love the Old Gaelic Blessing you opened with, that one I have never read or heard.

Happy St. Patrick's day to you and I hope it is great all day. Yep Thankful Thursday and a happy one for everyone.

Love from Ann Arbor

Scrappy quilter said...

Love your Lental tip of the day...a great one. Hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's day. Hugs

Linda :) said...

Happy St Patrick's Day! :)

Buttercup said...

I'm still looking! My blessing came today with a perfect dental appointment and sunny weather. What a treat!

grammy said...

Great blessings (o:
I was teaching my grands about the trinity and clovers and we made a craft ... opps... I had them put 4 leaves on the clover. They caught my mistake.