It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 13, Book 11

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

The First Sunday of Lent

To set aside 40 days in this season of Lent in order to enter into the desert places in our own daily lives and confront the temptations and struggles we face is a gift. We have to unwrap it and apply its remedial and healing prescriptions.

All of Creation is good and given to us as a gift. We are invited during these 40 days to take every gift, every grace, offered to us.

I think that the gift of SUNDAY is a marvelous thing. It is a day to rest and relax and to renew and replenish. We all need one day of the week to restore the energy needed to get through another week. When we are rested we can make our selves better able to help others and do the work we may have ahead of us.

I do hope your Sunday is filled with that wonderful R & R we all need.
As always you all are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

'On Ya'-ma


8 comments:

Buttercup said...

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Still getting into the routine of being home. Loving the warmer weather in New York.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Morning MA! I wish the very same wonderful, relaxing day for you!~ Spring is on its way now for sure~we should be enjoying 60 degree weather for a few days next week!! Sending you hugs and love, Sharon

That corgi :) said...

I do agree with you, Ma; Sunday is a wonderful gift; God knew we would need a day to rest and get restored. He knew how hard life would/could be and that we would grow tired and weary. It is good to take this one day and do as you do, relax and restore and spend time with God as well as family and friends as you can. I hope it is a good one for you!

betty

Kathy said...

I also agree that Sunday is a gift from God for us to renew and refresh and rest. Enjoy your day and hopefully you are seeing some signs of spring out your way. My tulips are growning and I can't wait for them to bloom.

Sherry said...

Love the opening Poem, it rings so true as a great prayer.

Hope your day is beautiful and your health hold true.

Love from Ypsi

ADB said...

I've come to appreciate the peace and quiet of one day in the week. Have a great new week!

grammy said...

I did have a great weekend...thanks for the BD wishes. I feel so blessed (o:
Like the poem from yesterday.

Midlife Mom said...

Yes we sure do need Sunday to sit back and relax. I feel bad for the people that work all week and have to use Sunday to catch up on shopping, laundry and house cleaning. It does irk me a lot that they schedule children's sports on Sunday and they can't go go Sunday School or church or youth group. I love to go to the early service and then go to the lake and just take in the beauty of the water and surroundings. Yesterday we went to the lake and I promptly fell asleep and had a great nap! ha!