It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chapter 3, Page 10, Book 11

Thankful Thursday

We never journey alone, no matter how lonely we may feel. We are always journeying together. If we can experience our journey in communion with others, it makes it so much clearer that we are on a journey together.

It's THANKFUL Thursday and I'm so thankful that I can share this part of my journey with you. Let us pray for each other on this Lenten journey. Remember that these 40 day are a gift to us. We are not trying to save our selves by observing Lent. God has already saved us. We are only trying to let God get our attention and to give grace a chance to work in us.

Lent is the perfect time to choose to grow in gratitude. Every night, before going to bed, let us be faithful to giving thanks to the Lord who has given us so many blessings and offers us new graces each and every day.

Another thing I'm very thankful for this week is the little lady bug that appeared on my kitchen window this week. Lady bugs commonly known as the Lady Beetle or Ladybird Beetle, the name of these insects reflects the global admiration of mankind. None are much larger than a pencil eraser and they come in a wide variety of colors, including red, orange, pink, yellow and black. They can have as many as 20 spots.....or no spots at all. They're also one of the few insects who hibernate during the winter months, emerging in the spring to lay their eggs.

Having this little sign of SPRING here at my house is very encouraging. It's been a little warmer here but not much. The cycle goes on with rain and then snow. The forecast says tonight into Saturday morning we could get up to 12 inches of new snow.

Hang in there every one. Spring is coming. A little lady bug told me so.

I hope that this Thursday you too will find some things to be THANKFUL for.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I didn't know that about ladybugs. You always enlighten me. I am also thankful this Thursday for all my many friends on blogger who always keep me uplifted and informed. God Bless!

Hollie said...

Yay ladybugs! I'm looking for signs of Spring too. The temps are feeling more like Winter lately though. Brrrr

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I LOVE Ladybugs....and this weekend we were saying it's almost time to put up the hummingbird feeders....they'll be back mid_April....

Enjoy

Scrappy quilter said...

I love ladybugs. It'll be awhile before they are back here. We are suppose to get quite the storm on the weekend. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I bet that lady bug brought a big smile to your face, Ma, when you saw it! I like how you said we are not on this journey alone; we do need to remember others are walking alongside us as well as our dear Lord definitely being there for us!

enjoy the day!

betty

Sherry said...

I used to try to sing that old ditty every morning, |"It's a good day for shining your shoes and a good day for losing the blues. Take a deep breathe and throw away your pills, it's a good day from morning til nite."

I hope the rest of your day is great. Although I really don't like to hear about that snow.

TARYTERRE said...

Ladybugs are such special little creatures. I just love 'em. I get excited when I see them around my house too. I hope the snowstorm there isn't as bad as they're saying. Take care and think spring.