It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 6, Chapter 11

The north wind doth blow,
And we shall have snow,
And what will the robin do then?
Poor thing.
He'll sit in a barn,
To keep himself warm,
And hide his head under his wing,
Poor thing.

R and R Sunday / Spring is on it's way!

It's true the robins are back. We're not sure if they migrate south in the winter or have been hiding out but yesterday I did see my first Robin of the year.

Little things like a robin sure can brighten my day. It's always a sure sign of Spring they say.

Looking at all this snow makes it very hard to believe. I am rather like the robin in the poem above I'll be staying in and keeping warm. As always you all are in prayers and thoughts!

Enjoy some Sunday R & R today everyone!

Love,
ma

10 comments:

Hollie said...

Yay! My Mom is saying we are going to have an early Spring here! I sure hope she's right! I'm so tired of being COld!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

We're expecting more snow tonight, tomorrow and Thursday....yikes!!

Enjoy

Buttercup said...

We have bright sunshine today, so I can begin to believe that spring will be here shortly. I'm going out for a walk -- sidewalks are clear! - and a trip to Michael's to explore Valentines fixings. Have a great Sunday.

Kathy said...

Yay!! My yard was full on robins the other day getting worms. I am not sure but I think the robins are here year round. I sure hope it will be an early spring. Have a good day MA

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hollie is right i am so tired of being cold ~ and the weather being so windy ~ Roll on Spring ~ Ally x

Jean said...

It's a beautiful sunny day here today. I just had to get out and clean out the bird baths and put feed in the feeders. They say it is suppose to rain tomorrow and turn cold again later this week. Take care and stay warm.

Scrappy quilter said...

Robins are always a sure sign of spring. Unfortunately we won't see them for at least another month or longer. Hugs

jack69 said...

I am glad you posted tht little ditty. Sherry's mama used to use that while talking to the boys when they were small. They just loved to hear it, or maybe it was me!!!

Sherry and I have taken to saying it.
Hope you have a great week coming up.

Martha (MM) said...

An early spring would be wonderful! Thanks for always being so positive and so supportive Pam! (((HUGS)))

grammy said...

So glad that robin brightened your day (o:
We sure have had big black crows on our grass.
Come to think of it...they have never...not once...brightened my day (o: