It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 04, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 4, Book 11

Fantastic Friday!

I am feeling pretty FANTASTIC today and I hope you all are too. It's great to end the week on a positive note. The weatherman said we may have a strange sighting in the sky today -- SUNSHINE!

There is still the weekend ahead of us but I think most of us due to work or having worked most of our life like I did, feel that today is the end of the week and the WEEKEND is a whole different thing altogether.

The end of the week is a nice time to do a review just to see how well the week went and to find ways to plan what is needed for next week.

I found these 7 questions that helped me to put everything into perspective

1. What did I fail?
Hopefully something. If you are not failing regularly, there is a good chance that you are not growing.

I failed to get my house clean and shiny and I got no further in my plans to unclutter the basement or the attic

2. What am I resisting?

Often in life there are things to be done that are important, but because they are not urgent or enjoyable we resist doing them.

Oh dear, my basement still lurks and the attic is waiting patiently.

3. What did I do well?

It’s so important to celebrate, or at the very least recognize, our successes. A mental pat on the back feels great, and is likely to help you do well again in the coming week.

I really did well on being able to get out and clear some snow. I had my doubts but did do it. Truthfully Wednesday and Thursday left me with little energy at all after the snow jobs were over

4. What can I do better?

If something didn’t work out for you this week , don’t dwell on it too much. Instead, turn in into a positive by focusing on what you can learn from the experience and how you can do better.

I'm going to make it a point to spend at least 15 minutes a day in either the basement or the attic and take garbage bags along with me to fill. Little things count.

5. Did I live in alignment with my values and principles?

Another way to ask this question is: were you the person you want to be during the past week?

I really think I was. I was able to put a lot of prayer in to each day and spent time too with reading both my Bible study and also some inspirational books. No matter how tired I am, I can always do that.

6. Did I get closer to achieving my goals?

Often time goes so quick that you wonder where the week went. Still, it’s good to feel as if you have at least made progress towards achieving your goals.

Small steps were made in the basement and also in my closet. A few things were weeded out and I am almost done with another of my friendship shawls that I'm knitting.

7. What am I grateful for?

Often as human beings we get so caught up in wanting more that we forget what we have. Don’t take your friends, family, and health for granted. These are some of the most important things in life and cannot be replaced with money.

I always do an entry on Thursdays for this, but truthfully I do try to be thankful in all circumstances and for all things. It's not always an easy task but one that makes me more aware of the fact that things are not always as they seem.

It wasn't one of those weeks at all where there was much going on but the weather and that was quite enough, thank you.

Now we are sliding right into the weekend!

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Kathy said...

What a positive post. I think I need to follow your lead and vow to spend 15 minutes a day toward doing certain things I have been putting off in my house. One place is my closet. Having so little storage in this house things seem to end up in my closet so I need to sort through and organize my clothing and weed out clothes I don't wear anymore. Have a wonderful day today Ma

Scrappy quilter said...

A number of years ago I found if I worked 15 mins. at a time and then took a rest to do something fun, I got way more done. Good for you for accomplishing so much. I think when we write it down it helps us to see that we truly did get a lot accomplished. Hope your day is a good one. Hugs

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh MA you are so funny with your basement! I do know how that is. I got my basement cleaned out....but it took a move to make me do it! 15 minutes a day is GREAT!! Hope your not TOO tired after shoveling..it was a heavy snow here..there too?? God Bless You!
Sharon

Debbie said...

Great post today!!! You really gave me things to think about.
Enjoy your weekend.
Debbie@lakehouse

jack69 said...

OOOOkaaaay, I refuse to ask those questions because I know the answers to them. hahahahahahaha

I'd rather wonder! LOL


Seriously, we always find good advice and a gem of knowledge here at Ma's house.

Thanks!!

Hollie said...

You are & always will be an inspiration to me! You help me to begin on a positive note! The weather is just terrible....so cold & wet! Brrrr I'm so ready for Spring, & I Know you are too! Have a great evening!