It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 3, Book 11

It's THANKFUL Thursday!

With all the bad weather we've been having here I'm very thankful that on the 125th anniversary of Groundhog's Day in Punxsutawney, Pa., groundhog Phil failed to see his shadow Wednesday morning at 7:25 a.m
According to folklore, no shadow for Phil means that there will be an early spring. Ohio's own Buckeye Chuck and Punxsutawney Phil did not see their shadows Wednesday morning, meaning they are both predicting an early spring

That does give us a little hope anyway, but it'll take awhile for all this snow and ice to disappear. Our weather forecast for the week ahead is for very cold and snowy days so I'm not sure when this early Spring might kick in.

I'm also thankful that our power remained on. In this freezing cold weather there were many without it in our state due to the freezing sleet and rain we had. Most of our homes have central heat and our furnaces cannot run with out electric power. That is something I've meant to rectify but haven't done so yet. There is no fireplace here at my house nor is there room for one. I'm thinking there must be a way I can heat at least part of my home without electric so that is what I'll be researching in the days ahead.

Winter is no longer a joking matter. Up to your patootie in snow? Escape by planning for Spring. It helps the psyche, believe me I'll be THINKING SPRING even if it's not here yet. Better days are ahead!

I hope that this Thursday will find you with something to be THANKFUL for too!

'On Ya'-ma


5 comments:

jack69 said...

Probably a smart thing to investigate alternate heat source. Yep, winter is not a joking matter as age increases.

Have a great day
Love from Florida...

Scrappy quilter said...

I was just saying to someone it's been on doozy of a winter for many. Our temps are rising however when they do that we get rain (freezing) and the roads get bad. Hope you can find a way to figure out how to have heat without electricity. We are in the same boat. Hugs

Kathy said...

I'm Thankful for you and your blog MA. You always have encouraging words of wisdom for the rest of us. Stay warm and keep those thoughts of sunshine and spring. And keep on inspiring the masses who read your blog. Thank you ;)

grammy said...

Spring is such a distant hope
I find it hard to believe it will be early
shadow or NO shadow (o:

Buttercup said...

So glad you kept the power. Our sidewalks are clear -- mostly -- from yesterday's ice storm and it was actually sunny today. Hurray! And happily, tomorrow's Friday and a weekend is ahead. Have a fabulous Friday.