It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 28, Book 11

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Author Unknown


It's Merry Monday!

Well today is the end of February. It's time to turn the calendar page over to a new month and this brings us all a little closer to what we have been waiting for -- SPRING

Goodbye February and HELLO March!

This time of year I'm usual decorating my house for Spring. I've got lots of treasures packed away in the basement waiting their turn to be displayed around here. Spring is a colorful season and my trinkets brighten the space around here for sure. But this year they are going to stay packed away till the end of March.

This year I'm finally going to be able to get my front room and dining room painted. It's needed it for a very long time and either I've not had time or I've not had that funds to buy the paint. But this month is is finally going to happen. So rather than to decorate my house, I'm going to be un-decorating. This is not a minor task for sure. I have a lot of things on the walls and this all has to be taken down and stored away someplace.

You know that my basement and attic are quite full of storage already but they are about to become stuffed. I'll be doing just a little each day as I also care for Mr Wonderful every day now so in-between caring for him and my usual daily tasks I'll be trying to undecorated and pack away all the things in my front room and dining room. It'll be great when it's all done but right now it is sounding like a major downer to me. Nothing bright and cheerful too look at. Only plain drab walls here at my house.

So what have I to be MERRY about this Monday? I've lots of hopes and dreams and will be working at making some of them come true!

I hope your Monday is a Merry one too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Have fun!! I know it's a huge job, I just finished painting our whole house. Yet the outcome was so worth it. Nothing like fresh paint to make everything look so clean and bright. I'll be thinking of you while you're working away. Sending lots of warm thoughts. Hugs

jack69 said...

So many times in this life I have said just what you have said, I will do a little at a time, then I just cannot wait and try to do the whole job and get myself frustered. So I hope you will do a little at a time, and of yes get the painting done, t'will make you
Feel better.

Love from the Frozen two on up the road.

Hollie said...

You are going to be a busy, busy lady! I wish I lived closer by, because I'd help you! Have a wonderful Monday~! We have storms moving in here so it's a cloudy & windy day!

That corgi :) said...

How fun with the painting, Ma, the finished product will look great but I know there are many steps until you get it all done. Hang in there with it and don't let it get you too down with those empty walls!

betty

grammy said...

I so understand why it is a big deal to try to get this done...you will feel so good to do it though. Look who's talking...the person whos DIL just painted the bathroom...because I can't FACE doing those projects myself.
I am glad it's March...my Birthday month (o:

Jean said...

Hi Ma, I know what you will be going through,lol. Just got some of my stuff put back up and some went in a storage boxes and in the loft of the storage building. Look what you have to look forward to fresh painted walls.