It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 27, Book 11

R & R Sunday

Chances are that there's still plenty of winter ahead for Northern Ohio. Surviving the winter here can be a challenge. There are icy roads and cars that won't start. But it won't be long before snowdrops and crocus come alive, my magnolia tree bursts forth with a thousand white blossoms and those cheerful dandelions explode in my lawn. Winter makes me appreciate spring all that much more... whenever it gets here.

I was just thinking today of all the little things I find to like about early spring and the weeks leading up to spring, after being cooped up for much of the winter.

I really am ready for warm breezes and lighter clothing and for birds singing their sweet little hearts out on the tree outside the bedroom window

I know spring will get here in its own sweet time.

Today I'll be off to church as always and I will be saying some special prayers for all of you.

It's my day for that wonderful R and R and I'm hoping that you will be able to enjoy some too!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I'm sitting here with the door open to the front porch and the birds are singing away......Enjoy your day!!

Tina at akagramma said...

It was 77* yesterday here in S. Ark. I've been enjoying this weather so much..I'm finding things to do outside! I hope your spring comes early for you too!

Scrappy quilter said...

We've warmed up after bitterly cold temps however we are suppose to go back into the tank Tues. Yet the sun is shining brightly so that makes for a great day. Hope your's is a good one. Hugs

jack69 said...

I trust your R&R will be wonderful today. We got a good surprise. We are really isolated wjere we are [arled. but when we returned tp the motor home last night, there was an invitation to a Baptist Church down the road from a worker at Camping World.

For some reason there was a warm feeling when reading it. SO we will try to see him this mrning.

Kathy said...

I am ready for spring too. I love Sundays for the R & R also, after church coming home to just a lazy afternoon and maybe a nap....so nice a cold winter's day.

That corgi :) said...

Warm breezes do sound good, Ma; and the heat of the sun through a window. I hope you take a picture of your magnolia tree when it blossoms this year; I bet it is a beautiful sight indeed!!

enjoy your day of rest :)

betty

grammy said...

we have already had some of those warm breezes
yesterday (the day after a big snow) I wore my big coat to go have coffee with my friend. It got warmer and warmer and i ended up carrying my coat as we window shopped up our towns main street. Today a lot of the snow is gone... but it clouded up again. That's Colorado for you.