It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 26, Book 11

One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can

Frederick Buechner

Frederick Buechner, the eldest son of Carl Frederick and Katherine (Kuhn) Buechner, was born on July 11, 1926 in New York City. He is an ordained Presbyterian minister and the author of more than thirty published books thus far

I'm getting older but then so is everyone else I know. When I was a young mom it seemed as though time had stopped and it would be that way for ever, but now my children have children and time keeps marching on.

The circle of life is a wonderful thing. Seasons pass and new ones come. The great thing is in life is that we all have a choice about how and what we want to do with the time we are given.

We're celebrating the birthday of our little Lucky guy today. Do you remember when he was born last year? I was and am still thrilled to welcome this little one into our family. We are all so lucky to have him in our lives.

I retired shortly after he was born and I got to go and care for him for a little over a month while his mom went back to work. I would have loved to have been able to continue watching him, but they live too far away. Now I care for our Mr. Wonderful that lives close by. Being a grand'ma' and able to be a part of these two little ones lives is a gift. I never got to experience so many days with all the other grand'babes' I have. I missed that due to distance and working.

So this SUPER Saturday I'm celebrating with my family.

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one too!

Today you are You,

that is truer than true.

There is no one alive

who is Youer than You.

Dr. Seuss


Life is worth celebrating!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Jean said...

I'm sure you will have a wonderful day with your family. It's another beautiful day here.

jack69 said...

I am always amazed at how philosophers and wise men can put life so neatly into a few words. As always I enjoyed the post and especially the quotes.

Yep, one life will have to be enough. Unless you look in a mirror you think there is a lot of life ahead, but in my case, I look often to remind me to use this ONE as wisely as I can.

Take care, Love comes from up the road

That corgi :) said...

Happy Birthday Lucky Guy! I do remember his birth from last year, Ma! Wow, a year has flown already!! Soon it will be a year too that you retired! And what a year it has been!!

wishing you all a wonderful celebration when you get together!

betty

Sybil said...

Have a truly lovely day Ma...
love your new topper picture.
Love Sybil x

Linda :) said...

I'm sure you had a great party day!! :)