It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 25, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 25, Book 11


Blessings
Forget about the days
when it's been cloudy,
but don't forget your
hours in the sun.

Forget about the times
you've been defeated,
but don't forget the
victories you've won.

Forget about the mistakes
that you can't change now,
but don't forget the lessons.

Forget about the misfortunes
you've encountered,
but don't forget the
times your luck has turned.

Forget about the days
when you've been lonely,
but don't forget the friendly
smiles you've seen....

Forget about the plans
that didn't seem
to work out right,
but don't forget to
always have a dream.
Author Unknown

It's Fantastic Friday! Here at my house it's another snowy day that I'd just as soon forget about. I'm trying my best to THINK SPRING and the weather just won't cooperate at all.

It's best that we forget the days that bring us frowns and remember those that bring SMILES. Some days like today we really have our work cut out for us. At least I do because I want for Spring to come and all this snow and ice and cold to be gone.

I have plenty to do. There is no doubt I'll be busy and I'm so blessed that there is nothing really wrong at all, it's just the weather has got me down a bit. But it too will pass...as they say.

It'll be a FANTASTIC day here soon as I get past this little grumpy spot. I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one too!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like your attitude Ma. Think Spring! It is just so close you can almost taste it but then when you awaken and see the snow on the ground, it seems so far away. But hang in there! Next Tuesday is the beginning of March; soon we change the time, longer days, and within a few "short" weeks, camping season will begin!! We are due for a cold weekend here with snow levels lower than they have been for awhile, so who knows, we might even get a dusting.

have a great day!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

I needed to read this, this morning. I've been having a bit of a pity party. Thanks for sharing such wonderful words of wisdom yet again. Hugs

grammy said...

the snow started in the night...
ruined my plans for today...
but hey,,,
everyday is a blessing....snow or not (o:

jack69 said...

Hey Ma!
Loved this part f the poem :
Forget about the plans
that didn't seem
to work out right,
but don't forget to
always have a dream.

We have so much to be thrilled in our lives about.

Still cold up here, hope you are staying warm.

From Ypsi,, LOVE