It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 23, Book 11

Wherever life takes us, there are always moments of wonder

Jimmy Carter

Jack Benny joked that life began at age 39. Some say life begins when you retire because you experience a new sense of freedom; others insist you age exactly as you live.

We have to remember that each of us is unique and no two circumstances are alike but for me every day I live is the best part of my life.

I know there are changes in what I do and can do but I enjoy to the fullest what I do and don't worry about the rest.

Knowing that each day is a gift, no matter what age you are, makes each one a little more wonderful than the day before.

Today is WONDERFUL Wednesday and it's going to be a great one at my house. It'll be a little warmer and more of our new found snow is going to melt. Tomorrow might bring more, but today is WONDERFUL.

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

I guess it is also cold there this morning. This is the coldest weather we have been in in many many years.-2 up here this morning. NOt great for a motorhome dweller.
But thanks for you prayers in John's behalf.
Love from Ann Arbor.

Hollie said...

It's been a little cooler here the past couple of days! They are prediciting severe storms on Friday! I'm praying they are what they are saying! have a wonderful day!

Midlife Mom said...

You always have such a wonderful outlook on life! You are so right each day is a gift and we should always remember that. Even our worst day is so much better then most of the worlds population. Great post as always!

Scrappy quilter said...

I remember reading a book by Richard Carlson. In it he said 90% of what we worry about never happens and the other 10% take care it itself. Pretty accurate in my book. I know as I'm aging there are changes yet I've learnt over the years to take each day as it comes. I use to worry about everything...I'm not like that anymore (thankfully). It's snowing here again today and we are suppose to go into the tank weather wise for the next several days. Hope your Wed. is a great one. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

Knowing each day is a gift is really so true, Ma. I was just thinking along that line as I was reading the Bible and praying this morning. We plan, but God's plan and timing always supercedes ours so it is always good to be trying to do what his will is for our lives :)

glad it is a bit warmer today!

(thanks for your kind comment and prayers :)

betty

grammy said...

I am having a great day!
I had a surprise when I got home from my trip...
I will have to post about it (o: